The Open Handheld Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Skynet
Site Admin

Re: The Open Handheld Thread

Post by Skynet »

I was going to get a Retroid but went a different route. I got a Galaxy S20+ with a controller grip I saw ETA Prime use. I played with it a bunch and it's been sitting in my bedside drawers ever since :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

I was going to do something similar with my LG V50 but haven't haven't bothered.

I will pick up a handheld with a 4:3 screen eventually. Something that can play up to Dreamcast well.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

In this video we test out 40 watt TDP Gaming the all new Ryzen 7 7840U Powered GPD Win Max 2 and this UMPC Has the soul of a handheld and now with the Power Of Zen 4 and RDNA3 with the Radeon 780M iGPU! 1080P, 1200P, 1440P And 1600P is possible on a gaming handheld now!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The random name generator strikes again! In this video, we do a first impressions look at the new RGB10MAX3 Pro open-source gaming handheld. We look at PS2 performance and check out the initial build of JELOS.

https://powkiddy.com/en-au/products/pre ... me-console

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

We just got a lot of of new information about the upcoming TJD 101 10.1" handheld gaming console! Powered by the Ryzen 7 7840U or the Ryzen 5 7640U it looks to try to take on others like AYANEO, The ROG ally and steam deck but will it be worth buying? The Indigogo for the TJD 101 10.1" Ryzen Handheld will be launching soon so keep an eye out.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Looks like the upcoming Lenovo Legion Go has leaked in some new images giving us a first look at this Steam Deck, Nintendo Switch, ROG ally Hybrid handheld gaming PC! Powered by the Ryzen Z1 Extreme and sporting an 8.8” 144Hz display this might be one of the best windows handheld gaming PCs we’ve seen!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

In this video, we take a look at the new RGB30 to try and find what makes it special.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The budget handheld segment just got a lot more interesting. In this video, we review the new R35S gaming handheld.

The AYN Loki Zero is finally shipping, so in this video we'll review this $249 handheld PC to see if it's a good fit for your gaming needs.

AYANeo is at it again with another x86 handheld but this time it's a bit different because the AYANeo Flip is a clamshell x86 handheld gaming pc with the power to run your favorite games!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Is it possible to find a decent gaming handheld for under $40? In this video, we review the new M17 gaming handheld.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

We're getting dangerously close to Christmas gift territory. I've been thinking of getting some cheap handhelds for the family, that's probably right at my budget.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I won't buy it because a YouTube video called it a hidden gem. Fuck you people who use that term! Literally no video game or commercially released hardware is or ever has been a hidden gem.

If I made a game just for me and it was literally the best game ever fucking made and I never planned to let a single person on earth other than myself ever play it, and then it leaked somehow... THAT WOULD BE A HIDDEN GEM.

A copy of a game that didn't sell 80 million copies is not hidden.
You were just ignorant to it's existence.
Forgotten/ignored/you've finally played something is not fucking hidden you FUCKHEADS!

If they called it the GOAT bang for buck king, no cap! even that would be less fucking pretentious than the term hidden gem.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

9212cf6329a784c59e5c4ba31c09169e.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The All New Anbernic RG35xx Plus has a faster CPU, Better D-Pad, GHz Wifi and More! We take a first look at the RG35xx Plus Anbernics newly upgraded Vertical handheld emulsion console, Is it worth Buying? Lets find out.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

We are finally seeing budget FPGA retro video game consoles come to market with the introduction of FunnyPlaying’s FP-GBC. This is essentially a fully functional Game Boy Color that doesn't use any original Nintendo parts, and utilizes FPGA technology to pull this off. Not software emulation, but rather, “Hardware Emulation”, the same technology that Analogue has employed with their Pocket device and catalog of other consoles. So is this budget FPGA Game Boy a viable option for those that want an authentic Game Boy experience, at a discount, let's find out!