The Weather Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Skynet
Site Admin

Re: The Weather Thread

Post by Skynet »

Yesterday was pretty fucked in Adelaide. Heaps of people I know had their cars damaged. Mine was thankfully alright. I've seen pics from friends of their cars, or people they know, they're completed fucked. :olol:

I had a look outside and saw my Staffy playing with hail as big as a golf ball. He was having a great time

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

And people here complain about that number without the minus. -10 is the coldest I ever remember it being.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

When it's this cold, the air is so freaking dry. My sinuses are going crazy while trying to sleep.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Didn't know you were in Sioux Falls. My cousin and his family live in Rapid City.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

It's so cold, your processors are operating at peak efficiency!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:04 am It's so cold, your processors are operating at peak efficiency!
Ha, I should built a window-mounted PC case but I'm afraid someone would nick my GPU
Ocelot wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:57 am Didn't know you were in Sioux Falls. My cousin and his family live in Rapid City.
The Black Hills are awesome, I've vacationed out there a lot. Sometime I'd like to try riding the snowmobiling trails, skiing said bye-bye to me years ago.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Today was 40C (104F) and it's still 35 now at almost 7PM. That's not too bad but I'm not looking forward to tomorrow being 33C (91.4F) with rain :( It will probably be humid as balls

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yep, humid weather sucks more than really hot weather.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Humid is way worse than hot, it's absolutely disgusting

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Meanwhile here in NE Ohio it's so goddamn windy and cold that I cranked my heat up and said fuck it to going out today because the wind is goddamn murder.
Would happy switch spots with you guys in Australia, even with all your killer monsters

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

They're not so bad, you just gotta make sure you don't get on their bad side

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Warm out today. Warm yesterday. Even warmer today! (not hot here, just warm at 32, but when you're trying to do shit as an unfit old man it feels like 47)

I was in and out of the house all afternoon and by 3 with me constantly opening doors and doing a bunch of lifting and shit to clean it was hotter in the house than outside.
Closed off all the rooms in the house and opened my door, AC fan on turbo at 17 degrees and a fan in the hallway blowing towards the loungeroom.
Got the lounge down to an acceptable level of 22 after an hour, but wouldn't go any lower. Pretty good since between my room and the lounge is about 12 metres of hallway and a corner. Not comfy like 17, but at least acceptable. Power bill today will be through the roof with it maxed out for 7 hours.
Ocelot wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:39 am Meanwhile here in NE Ohio it's so goddamn windy and cold that I cranked my heat up and said fuck it to going out today because the wind is goddamn murder.
Would happy switch spots with you guys in Australia, even with all your killer monsters
DEAL. I'll have perfect cold weather so I can do stuff and you can have the shitty heat, the flies, the blowflies, and all 5 million of those stupid little fucking moths we have that find the smallest of gaps and get into the house each and every day.

Fucking bastard tiny moths are even more annoying than regular sized moths because regular ones just go to the nearest source of light and stay there, the little fucking tiny ones are random... ALL SUMMER WITH THESE LITTLE FUCKING CUNTS EVERYWHERE.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I very much like the low number of bugs and other creatures around here on the tundra. I finally saw my first cockroach last year, but that was because of the wonderful neighbors that lived upstairs.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:51 am I very much like the low number of bugs and other creatures around here on the tundra. I finally saw my first cockroach last year, but that was because of the wonderful neighbors that lived upstairs.
Everybody needs good neighbours!
Must be nice. We used to have lots of roaches here no matter how clean things were or how much poison got used or even the time of the year, but I suspect they finally met their end here like everything in Australia does... The spiders. I love our spiders when I can see them from at least a foot away from my person. But that's only because I haven't yet been killed by our spiders.

Back to the weather though, I don't usually check it each day, I plan for what it is in the current moment after a shower, and then usually ride it out. Sometimes I'll remove a jacket or put a long sleeve shirt on, but this is very unusual for me to change my clothing configuration once it's set for the day.
Melbourne has rather odd weather compared to the rest of Australia. Everywhere is predictable, but in Melbourne you wake up at 7 and it's 38, so you dress in shorts and a tshirt, and by the time you walk out the door its 4 and pissing with rain. But don't panic! 15 minutes later it'll be 22 without a cloud in the sky, and then 2 hours after that you'll be sweating at 35 in a thunderstorm. Then in the space of about 40 seconds it'll go from 35 to 13 and 20 minutes after that you'll be back at 22.

You would think the batshit Melbourne weather would be a fucking nightmare, but NO. by the time you're thinking WELL THIS IS FUCKING UNBEARABLE, it's changed again... so it's actually quite pleasant compared to say Queensland where it's just either always hot or always fucking hot. and there's no variance to that.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Oh lovely.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Had a good old Depression-era dust storm last night, the first time I've ever seen one

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bet the lines at the carwash are long right now.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I volunteered to plant trees at a lakeside park about 3 hours prior, I'm wondering how they held up :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

They moved to another park.