You'll never guess what people gave us this week in my local Age UK

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Hawq
Site Admin

You'll never guess what people gave us this week in my local Age UK

Post by Hawq »

Sometimes working in a charity shop means getting first dibs on some nice DVD/Blu-Ray/CD/clothes etc.. & sometimes it gets weird, just the other day I was sorted out a large batch of LP's & while I found a few things that were sent for auction, Minstrels & some limited numbered items its not uncommon to find such things, anything that doesnt sell at auction just goes back into the shop & sells there anyway. What was more unusual & proves its a good thing I check these sort if things is that one record contained £360 (or 370 I forget the exact number) in cash, now while these were the old bills no longer in circulation when the assistant manager took them to the bank the bank still changed them for the modern ones so unexpected profit for the shop that day.
Compare that to today when things just got weird to a hilarious degree, assistant manager was about to put this ting out when I took one look & said "We aint that kind of shop" & then she twiged yes it was one of these https://images.app.goo.gl/FTcsJ11LpBvYzm3u8 Penis Vacuum Pumps, she broke down laughing at what she'd almost done, I laughed & when another volunteer came back from the shop I said "you;'ll never guess what we just found in the donatains" he tool one look & said "I cant erase the past few seconds from my mind" as it was such a surprise. A regular took it in the end, we gave it to her as we couldnt sell it, saying something about using it to mock her ex after I told her about it & she was interested in seeing kit so some good game of it possibly.
Between a cock bump & a ton of cash (few ton technically) its been a weird week for donations which I doubt will be bettered anytime soon but the funny distracted me from my headache so it was good. Woulda called this 'Takes from the shop' or something like that but I doubt I'll top this anytime soon

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: You'll never guess people gave us this week in my local Age UK

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Hopefully the person washed the cock pump before donating it.

And that's a nice amount of money to find. I was watching a Youtube video the other day where a guy bought a heap of CDs for $10 to sell and found $200 in one of them, so made a profit straight away.