Video Game & Tech Videos Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Video Game & Tech Videos Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Game Chasers Ep 76 - Total Chaos

It's time once again to hit up those flea markets, however, Chris breaks the chode code n a major was resulting in bickering for the entire day.

Bad GraFx Gamers - EP 24 "Royal Flush"

In this quest back to the great state of Pennsylvania the Billy Boys return with their antics and annoyance at an all time high. From Dinosaurs to Cosmic Fantasies this episode will be sure to have your stomachs churning and the laughs turning.

The Secret Move That Changed Gaming Forever

In 1987 a secret move was uncovered at the arcades, and its impact is still being felt today. Join Kurt Indovina on his journey to discover its origins through fireball legend John Choi, commentator Stephen "Sajam" Lyon, and many more special guests in the first episode of Remember When.

Sunsoft and the Sega Genesis

We take a look at the software that Sunsoft developed and/or published on the Sega Genesis and Mega Drive.

The ULTIMATE Amiga Retro Gaming Setup - CD32 & TF330 Expansion

The Amiga CD32 console doesn't seem to get much love these days, but in this video I transform it into my ultimate gaming setup with the help of the fantastic TerribleFire 330 accelerator and expansion.

THE SEARCH IS OVER | Hard Officers Hauls Episode 21

In this video we travel out to the Tokyo suburbs to a Hard Off in Kobuchi, Kanagawa. After getting a bit lost, we make it to the store and find a game we have been searching for a looong time.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Video Game & Tech Videos Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Is a $50 Apple Mac Mini Still Good?

Yesterday I picked up this 2009 Apple Mac Mini for $50. Is it still usable? Can it run games? Let's find out

Tiny $100 Hackintosh Mac Mini Clone

This is an Easy to install Lenovo ThinkCentre Tiny m93p Catalina Hackintosh! Budget Mac Mini Clone Hackintosh. Step by Step Guide.

Config.plist file needed: https://tinyurl.com/tksmzdc

VANKYO MatrixPad S30 $150 10.1” Android Tablet Review - Is it Worth Buying?

In this video we take a look at the all-new VANKYO MatrixPad S30 a $150 10.1 Inch Android 9.0 Tablet powered by an 8 Core 1.6Ghz CPU and Backed by 3Gb of Ram, Is it any Good? Let's find out.

Asus R2H UMPC - What if Homer Simpson created a Tablet?

The dark ages of mobile technology were tough. We knew we wanted portability and convenience but the monolithic tech firms of the time were slow to deliver and left the door open for much needed competition from Apple, Samsung and Google to give us what we wanted. The Asus R2H is a relic from that period before the dawn. It is, the tablet Homer Simpson might have built.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I like in the last video he was stating the "homer tablet" would have run worse on vista. Idiot.
Did anyone who bitches about vista EVER use it in any serious capacity?
The only reason Vista sucked was because people still wanted the printer and scanner they payed $200 for in 1999 to work!
if you had all new hardware and software, vista was actually a better experience than 95, 2000 and XP before it, and 8, 8.1 and 10 has been since. SURE, it wasn't Windows 98 or WIndows 7.. But not much is. (for the record I like windows 10, aside from the fact I get it working perfectly, and then a fucking update will happen and ruin the whole thing so I have to start again to make it work)

ALSO:
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS IT WITH PEOPLE HAVING WALL DISPLAYS OF CONSOLES/GAMES/COMPUTERS IN THE BACKGROUND OF VIDEOS???
I MEAN, WHY???
WE GET IT.. YOU OWN THINGS MILLIONS OF FUCKING OTHER PEOPLE DO AS WELL... CONGRATULATIONS??? I GUESS??
They have nothing to do with the topic at hand.
GET TO THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm going to be talking about GTA 2 on PC! But behind me is my entire PC,PS1,2,3.4,NES,SNES,N64,GC,Wii,WiiU,SMS,SMD,SS,DC,XB,360,XBO, NEO FUCKING GEO.... turbografx..... NOKIA N GAGE collection!!!!!

WHY? :olol:

In fact. That could be the mantra for any gaming youtube video :rofl:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Your memory of Vista is vastly different than my memory of Vista.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:13 am WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS IT WITH PEOPLE HAVING WALL DISPLAYS OF CONSOLES/GAMES/COMPUTERS IN THE BACKGROUND OF VIDEOS???
I MEAN, WHY???
Because it looks cool.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The 8-Bit Castlevanias - Game Sack

Episode 272 - Let's check out the 8-bit Castlevanias. Yes, all of them. Sure, lots has been said about some of these, but in my quest to cover ALL of the Castlevania series, I've gotta give my take on these as well. And there are some absolutely outstanding games here!

Dreamcast Upgrades - GDEmu and PicoPSU install - Ultimate SEGA setup?

Installing a GDEmu and PicoPSU into my already modded SEGA Dreamcast. A limted edition black D-Direct Dreamcast with a backlit VMU, devkit BIOS, VGA box, PicoPSU and GDEmu, is this the best console setup ever for a sega fanboy?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Cancelled $60million GTA Rival: This Is Vegas - Game History Secrets

Today on Game History Secrets we talk about secret history behind GTA's Cancelled Rival: This Is Vegas. In development by Surreal Software for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) and Xbox 360, This Is Vegas was an open-world GTA styled game that was ultimately cancelled due to troubles with Unreal Engine 3. The game was originally set to be published by Midway Games, but due to bankruptcy, Midway was forced to sell a majority of its assets to Warner Bros., including This Is Vegas and developer Surreal Software, in 2009. Warner Bros. officially cancelled the project in August 2010.

Sony DualShock 4 Back Button Attachment Review vs Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

A new controller add-on for Dualshock 4 is out, rivalling the back button functionality of the Xbox One's Elite 'Series 2' controller. The cost is lower, and makes use of hardware you already own - but there are some stipulations that go with each. Will Judd and Tom Morgan discuss the pros and cons of each.

Is this $50 CPU 10 times faster than a PS3?

It is often said that to emulate a console you need a system that is 10-20 times more powerful than the console. The PS3 was a top of the line system back on its day, is a $50 CPU in 2020 able to emulate it using the rpcs3 ps3 emulator? While many of the rpcs3 games are still not compatible some of the tests show... interesting results

The Worlds Most Powerful 128MB Card....

Hello and Welcome to another Budget Builds Episode where today we'll be taking a look a the Nvidia Geforce 9500GT, one of the rarest cards i have had to get my hands on with the elusive 128MB Variant.

So before you jump to the comments (Which some of you probably have) there was indeed a release of the 9500GT with only 128MB of RAM, i know insane. It was released in certain regions of Europe, and Russia. With most coming from low end brands a few of us will recognise.

But that's only the start of the story, so join me as we take a deep dive into this card, and find out just how well 128MB of VRAM Holds up.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Game Chasers - For the Love of Boxes

In this Game Chasers mini-chode, Chris finds one of his most sought after gaming items. Watch as his face lights up on this amazing find!

Game Sack Console Crunch #1

Here's something new I'd like to try, taking a nod from Cinemassacre who does similar things to great success with AVGN seasons. I want to offer more of these types of videos in the future with console episodes and other themes episodes, while keeping them at or around the 3 hours or so. What would you like to see? Or do you hate this idea with every fiber of your being?

Game Sack Console Crunch #2

Here is the second batch of compiled console review episodes. Some definite classic in this batch!

I Bought A $100 Core i7 Macbook Pro... Big Mistake?

Today we're going to see whether this $100 15" Apple Macbook Pro from eBay was worth it. Are there any problems? Let's find out!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

12c / 24t for $110 - New VALUE King?

This is the grand daddy of Value Xeons right now, the 12 core play - the 2678 v3, which makes it a very interesting CPU, mainly because it wasn't a retail release, though is identical to the 2680 v3, except for one thing... it supports DDR3! Which means it can be coupled with cheap ECC Reg memory on (what is considered) decent X99 third party motherboards.

Overall it's the Jack of all trades, great solid all round CPU

$65 Thrift Store Game Console Lot! Do they Work? Was it Worth It?

So recently I stopped by a local thrift store near me hoping to find some retro games or consoles and to my surprise, I was able to pick up a few original Xbox's, Nintendo DSI’s two PS1 and much more for $65!

Does any of this stuff still work? Was it worth it? Let's find out.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

DF Retro EX: Doom 64 - Remaking an N64 Classic For PS4, Xbox One, Switch + PC

In a DF Retro exclusive, John Linneman talks with Nightdive Studios about the process of bringing the classic, totally original Nintendo 64 rendition of Doom over to the current-gen platforms. In this video, you'll see what made the original release so fascinating, while Nightdive staff tell all on how the game was reverse-engineered and delivered on current-gen platforms. Oh - and is this the first 1440p Xbox One S game?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Daggerfall | Bethesda's Monstrosity

Elder scrolls: Daggerfall is the king of RPGs in terms of sheer scale and freedom. The scale that was achievable only through the power of procedural generation. But procedural generation of anything has its drawbacks and when this game was released, all of these techniques were new and scary. As with most Bethesda games, this one had bugs, but it's one thing to have bugs, it's another to have Daggerfall amounts of bugs. Does it ruin the experience? Let's find out in this video essay.

POTATO HUNTER S.01 Ep.01 - Find me Some USED Radeon HD 7777

What happens in weird times, butterflies a new beginning, and that beginning is the USED PC Parts potato hunter. Let's go get those deals that no body else wants, and make magic.

I ported Heart of Darkness to the Original Xbox | MVG

Bored during lockdown - Lets port some stuff

Seriously Weird Unreleased Super Nintendo Games

Here are some crazy wtf games that were in production but never finished for the snes. Maybe it's for the best? See some games you never knew existed!

Arcade Treasures Volume 4

Want 10 more recommendations for great arcade games? Well here you go!

Ranking the 32 Capcom CPS1 Arcade Games from Worst to Best | Kim Justice

Today we countdown the games of Capcom's legendary arcade board, the CPS1. Obviously this list includes the likes of Street Fighter II, Final Fight and Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, but there's some other obscurities you might not know that are well worth seeking out!

Ranking the 38 Capcom CPS2 Arcade Games from Worst to Best | Kim Justice

A countdown of Capcom's CPS2 Arcades was a no-brainer -- just look at the games. We've got everything from Super Street Fighter II Turbo to Alpha, Darkstalkers, Alien vs Predator, Marvel vs Capcom, and so much more...and of course, a lot of fighting games. Enjoy!

Wizards and Warriors retrospective: Knight in the woods | NES Works #069

We're in the final stretch of the year here with a collaboration by two companies that each made their debut earlier in 1987. This is the first of many times we'll see Rare and Acclaim work together, and in this case the studio puts its programming wizardry to work to create a technically impressive (if somewhat gangly) action platformer that would evidently do well enough to inspire a short-lived franchise. Even if it's not much to look at these days.

Hacking A Capcom PCB - SF2 to Final Fight!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Unreleased Games 4 - Game Sack

Episode 274 - More games that were being made, but canceled at one point in another, never seeing a release.

Potato Hunter S01 Ep.02 - Never Look Past a Dirty Computer

Getting old Lenovos, T310 PowerEdges, Optiplexes is all fun and games, and nothing is off the radar (except core 2 Duos). Let's have some fun and micro manage what we can.

Genesis Does - Sega Sports Games

Sports games played a pivotal role in the success of Sega during the 16-bit era. They started early, cultivating different sports back up by celebrity endorsements and major print and TV ad campaigns. It ultimately helped Sega to controlling 50%+ of the US gaming market for years. In this episode, we look at some of those games that were either developed, published, or both, by Sega.

Game Collecting - Scott The Woz

Scott hoards.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Armored Core 2 | We Review Every PS2 Game, Oh God + Bonus AgeTec Information

Our very own sisyphean slamajam brings us to Armored Core 2

If you ever wanna paint anime tiddies on a giant robot, this is probably the only game that lets you do that.

Sega Dreamcast Console Exclusives

Here I go over 9 Dreamcast console exclusives for your consideration.

10 MORE Obscure and Bad Computer Arcade Game Ports | Kim Justice

We've got more rather obscure ports from the arcades to the microcomputers today! This mostly C64-centric selection ranges from a couple of NES classics to some nasty American titles, a strange and unnecessary Spectrum conversion and the worst attempt at a racing game ever

Mega Man retrospective: Rock of all trades | NES Works #070

NES Works 1987 ends as it began: With a cool game by Capcom.

But let's be real. Mega Man is much cooler than Trojan. There's a reason one series had dozens of sequels and spinoffs and the other... didn't. Capcom's first wholly original creation for NES is one of the most inventive and highly polished games on NES to date, period. With a free stage select sequence, alternate special weapons, and imaginative bosses, Mega Man stands out as a brilliant capper to an incredible year for the NES. And just think: The franchise will only get better from here, as we'll see in NES Works 1989. In, uh, a few years.

Building Windows 98 Retro Gaming PC with AMD Athlon 64 Platform

In this Friday Video, we are building a fast Windows 98 SE Retro Gaming PC around the Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 platform! We will check out the integrated graphics and later upgraded to a dedicated GeForce4 and Sound Card. The performance of this machine is outstanding, even at highest resolutions and settings!

Battle of the Ports - Impossible Mission

This week on Battle of the Ports we are taking a look at one of Epyx most popular games of the 80's, Impossible Mission. This video is missing ports that I'm well aware of.

Nintendo M82 Repair

The Nintendo M82 was a store demo unit that is now a rare collectible. In this video I repair one for a client and also fix a limitation in the design I discovered along the way. Enjoy!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

The Evolution of NES Fandom: An Overview | NES Works Gaiden #11

By patron request of Brian Larsen, here's something a little different: Rather than look at a single game, this episode takes a wider view of NES culture and fandom, and how fans of the platform have kept the NES alive and vibrant 25 years after its retirement. From the rise of emulation to modern clone platforms, NES devotees continue to make NES accessible and surprising, as this cursory overview explains.

Look out for a special appearance from an old friend at 7:06!

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

pixel wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:55 am

The Evolution of NES Fandom: An Overview | NES Works Gaiden #11

By patron request of Brian Larsen, here's something a little different: Rather than look at a single game, this episode takes a wider view of NES culture and fandom, and how fans of the platform have kept the NES alive and vibrant 25 years after its retirement. From the rise of emulation to modern clone platforms, NES devotees continue to make NES accessible and surprising, as this cursory overview explains.

Look out for a special appearance from an old friend at 7:06!
Damnit Pixel, you had me excited that there was going to be some kind of actual appearance or interview from the man himself. I feel let down.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:34 am Damnit Pixel, you had me excited that there was going to be some kind of actual appearance or interview from the man himself. I feel let down.
:olol: We aren't so lucky ... yet

Edit: Some quick Googling found his inactive journeyman's license with the state of Connecticut and his last known address.

Double edit: If Realtor.com is to be believed, his last known address is a condo that was built in 1989 ... the same year as his infamous appearance in Nintendo Power!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Well holy shit, might be time to buy a 4K TV :o Not sure on whether I should get an Xbox or PS5, but I'm definitely interested now if these are next-gen graphics.