The Red Dead Thread (RDR1 coming to Switch/PS4 Aug 17)

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: The Red Dead Thread

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

we getting shafteed by Rockstar again with this months stuff

maybe if someone sticks a 5 on the end of the name they'll pay atention to it & do actual updates

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

if ever anyone wondered if Rocstar really does hate RDR this may be proof

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

& the crappy updates continue this month

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So I've been playing red dead redemption 1.
(Xbox 360 disc via xbox one X) and I must say, it doesn't feel like an old relic at all. It's a much better game than 2.

The frustrating controls and mechanics and environmental aspects of 2 are all actually fun in the first game. Accidentally shooting people in the head isn't frustrating in this game as much as funny.

I still get the feeling that I'd rather be playing a GTA over old west GTA, but in this I'm actually doing a lot of side quests and exploring which is not something 2 ever compelled me to do in any way.

The biggest complaint I have is that the game let me do chariot racing, which was hilarious the way the cart flicked out at full speed, and then made me go back to boring old regular horse racing...
URGH!!!!! you don't give someone a snail race, then give them Mario kart or wacky races and then make them go back to fucking snail races!

I have my honour so high that even when a horse pisses me off and I instantly shoot it dead it never affects my good guy rating.
After how much horses pissed me off in 2, I'm in no mood for their bullshit in this one, so if they buck me off, or run past me when I whistle for them, they instantly get met with both barrels of a shot gun.

The dueling system also makes no fucking sense to me... I won one, then kept losing them. So now if someone challenges me I just dead eye them and plug them in the head while they're not looking. Thankfully it hasn't come up a lot yet. I'd guess I have another 60-80 hours of play in the game. (I'm in Mexico and having lots of fun shooting new animals and picking new flowers!)
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Rockstar are still phoning it in when it comes to each months stuff

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:58 am So I've been playing red dead redemption 1.
(Xbox 360 disc via xbox one X) and I must say, it doesn't feel like an old relic at all. It's a much better game than 2.

The frustrating controls and mechanics and environmental aspects of 2 are all actually fun in the first game. Accidentally shooting people in the head isn't frustrating in this game as much as funny.

I still get the feeling that I'd rather be playing a GTA over old west GTA, but in this I'm actually doing a lot of side quests and exploring which is not something 2 ever compelled me to do in any way.

The biggest complaint I have is that the game let me do chariot racing, which was hilarious the way the cart flicked out at full speed, and then made me go back to boring old regular horse racing...
URGH!!!!! you don't give someone a snail race, then give them Mario kart or wacky races and then make them go back to fucking snail races!

I have my honour so high that even when a horse pisses me off and I instantly shoot it dead it never affects my good guy rating.
After how much horses pissed me off in 2, I'm in no mood for their bullshit in this one, so if they buck me off, or run past me when I whistle for them, they instantly get met with both barrels of a shot gun.

The dueling system also makes no fucking sense to me... I won one, then kept losing them. So now if someone challenges me I just dead eye them and plug them in the head while they're not looking. Thankfully it hasn't come up a lot yet. I'd guess I have another 60-80 hours of play in the game. (I'm in Mexico and having lots of fun shooting new animals and picking new flowers!)
I know RDR2 has been out a few years now, but I started playing it on XB1 before RDR2 came out. Still holds up and is fairly solid.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Finished red dead 1.
What a great game, and I wasn't expecting that end when all my honour and fame was so high.
A much better game than 2. Probably because it didn't try to do too much. It was just the right amount of everything, even if aggressively entering doors was so much better in 2. Aggressively entering doors in 2 was actually a highlight of a not so great game, but in 1 I can't pick a favourite thing. I had a lot of fun the whole way through. Just an all around GREAT game.

I feel like the game robbed me of being able to deadeye a firebomb at the army, but the vengeance dished out was swift and satisfying.
After the barnyard scene I managed to get myself an explosive rifle. Anyone or anything I came across in my hunt of the lawman got exploded. Annoying that the game made me duel before I got the credits, but at least it let me use the high powered pistol which was the perfect gun for pretty much every single task untill I could get some explosions happening.

Final notes on the game before I move onto other games:
Fuck off with the bears! I was up north hunting beavers and got attacked by an army of bears.
They literally kept spawning the second I turned away and I had 2 and a half minutes of absolute fucking panic. 12 bear carcasses, a dead horse, and 85 rounds of ammo later, I summoned a new horse and ran away Before the fucking 13th and 14th bear could kill me when I ran out of bullets.

I was saddened that the game foiled my attempt to tie someone up and put them on the train tracks so I could loot them without losing honour. But even though I couldn't loot the person, the body explosion was flat out hilarious.

Getting horses killed by wolves and then skinning them quickly turned into a way to make easy money but I didn't have to do too much horse sacrifice, because making money was always easy enough even with moral choices.

This game simply doesn't need to be remastered, and when it is, all they need to do is make entering doors more aggressive, and let me drive the trains.

I look forward to playing more Red Dead games in the next 9 GOD DAMN YEARS while I continue to wait for more GTA.
Revolver and RDR 3 and 4 will just have to do untill god damn GTA6!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

by now most will probably know whats in this, not seen it yet