All Elite Wrestling Thread (It's Wednesday...you know what that means.)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: All Elite Wrestling Thread (It's Wednesday...you know what that means.)

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

But Vince Russo said those FOREIGNERS can't get over in America so obviously they weren't really losing their shit over Riho!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:00 am But Vince Russo said those FOREIGNERS can't get over in America so obviously they weren't really losing their shit over Riho!
She always gets a big pop.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I know, I was being sarcastic. :D

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

So how many matches did they get out of Punk? God what a waste of time.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

In some aspects it's a shame Punk didn't work out in AEW, but on the other side he felt like out of place and deep down most would have said they'd be a fall out down the line. Thing is though Tony let Punk talk trash on his EVPs and that made them look real bad. If anything he should have walked away and said I want no part of this. Or shut Punks mic off. Either way he had to squash the beef before the whole "Brawl Out" occurred.

As what's resulted is him being bought out of his contract, The Elite still on hiatus (which makes no sense now since if Punks out the door then they could easily rescind the suspension and bring them back) and Ace Steel fired. Really Punk should get over it since there's real money to be made in an Elite v Punk/FTR style feud.

I'd be much surprised if he turns up in WWE. He'd seem out of place there too since wrestling moved on so much since he last was apart of it. If anything he'll just walk away from the biz and there's a lot of "what if" scenarios were he could have helped really push AEW forward in the right direction. UFC when it first started getting popular thrived on Tito/Chuck which was a real life falling out that turned into a feud. The backstage fight could have helped push AEW in a new more real direction and Punk/Omega could have been a huge deal if it was done right.

But I think with Steel out the door there's little chance of reconciliation between Punk and AEW. Again that's a shame since wrestling really needs something to take it up a level and a real life situation being the catalyst would have written itself.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Thunder Rosa said she is hopeful for a January return and a return to training in a few weeks, but is upset at still needing to address her critics while she is recovering.

Appearing on Busted Open Radio Friday, the AEW Women's Champion addressed the current state of things and seemed to take aim at recent comments interim champion Toni Storm made about ending the "interim title nonsense" when she is "doing the work" every week.

"I am still hurt. They haven't given me a time yet when I'm coming back. I'm saying it's January and I hope it is January. And again, if Toni Storm disagrees with what was decided in the back, that is not my problem," she said. "When I get better, I will still be the champion if my boss lets me be the champion. If he doesn't, I will be okay with that decision too, because I don't make the rules and that needs to be said."

She added that she will get an epidural in the next two weeks so she can begin training for that January return target.

"I feel your pain, Toni Storm. I really do feel your pain. I really know and I read that you are doing all the work every single week. Guess what? I'm doing the same work. I am trying to get better to get back in the ring to defend this championship. But in the meantime, get some wins under your belt, so you can talk sh*t about Thunder Rosa."

Rosa said that veterans in the business, and not just in AEW, "have informed me that there are widespread lies going on in different parts and I'm part of these rumors or whatever." She said the Storm comments came as no surprise as she has been mentioned either good or bad in the media despite not being on TV for two months.

Rosa took on critics of her in-ring work:

"As a Latina, it is very hard to make a name for yourself because I'm not a second-generation wrestler. I'm self-made and I had the opportunity and I had the great, great chance to work in many different companies where they believe in my work. And sometimes, it just takes one privileged person or one person with clout to like a tweet and destroy everything you've done. It influences how fans see and perceive you as a wrestler."

Rosa then addressed critics of her not being stripped of the title while she is injured.

"If you're in the back and you are in distress about me being the champion or me being called the champion, I don't call the shots. I have a boss and there's a booker in our office that makes the decisions. So, if you're distraught about what is being booked, maybe you should talk to the booker and keep my name out of your mouth," she said.

"It is really hard when people are approaching you and they're still asking you...because I have some friends who are still asking me if I'm faking an injury. These rumors are started by one or two people and they just spread out and it's not fair. I don't feel like no other wrestler has gone through this, like not at all. Somebody gets hurt, it's like 'Oh, they are hurt.' But when it was me, it was like immediate. After everybody was writing 'Get well' on Twitter after my promo came out, it was just a flood of disgusting things that were not true that came out."

"I am hurt and if you have something to ask, you can go on my YouTube and watch my YouTube videos," she continued. "I have posted every time I'm in a doctor's office, showing to you and explaining to you what's going with me."

"As a matter of fact, in a week or two, I'm getting another epidural so I can go back to training because I want to get back in the ring. I want to get back in the ring and that's it. And I want to show you when they put the needle in my back so they can shut the f**k up and stop saying that I am not hurt. That hurts because I'm trying to get out and trying to get mentally prepared to get back in the ring, to get back to do what I love the most which is professional wrestling. But again there are certain people who cannot keep my name out of their mouth."

"I want to get better mentally, physically, and spiritually. When people have absolutely nothing to do but to create rumors and spread them out instead of texting me directly - because y'all got my number - it creates a lot of problems in my career too, with my family, because my family is worried, they get harassed, they get everything else."

Rosa spoke about not being able to raise as much money as she'd hoped for victims of the Uvalde school shooting.

"I will never forget that time that I was trying to raise money for Uvalde's families. I was trying to raise money for 20 families that lost their kids and I don't know who the heck decided it was a great idea to talk to the dirt sheets and talk s**t about me. And unfortunately, we're not able to raise money like we tried to. We only raised $5000, which is nothing. They took away the goodness that we were trying to do for other purposes. Like, what is the purpose of trying to destroy somebody's career or somebody's status when they work so hard and the only thing that they are trying to do is to feed their family."
The female reboot of CM Punk vs Adam Page.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dave has debunked the Larry the dog getting hurt rumour as being false. There's another story that Punk was scared of Hangman shooting on him. CM Punk is a trained MMA fighter so surely he could handle Hangman if that had occurred anyway.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:03 am Dave has debunked the Larry the dog getting hurt rumour as being false. There's another story that Punk was scared of Hangman shooting on him. CM Punk is a trained MMA fighter so surely he could handle Hangman if that had occurred anyway.
You saw the fights he had. He might have trained for years but he wasn't good at it.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

You saw the fights he had. He might have trained for years but he wasn't good at it.
:olol: True, though CM Punk would have a knowledge of striking, grappling and submission techniques whatever level of MMA fighter he is compared to Hangman. It's not like Adam Page is a shooter anyway, he doesn't go out to hurt his opponents, so Punk saying what he did makes little sense anyway.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The Observer said

-Punk never said anything about his dog being hit until Wednesday. The AEW lawyer said Kenny grabbed the dog and handed it to her and Larry was scared by the commotion but not hurt.

-Chris Jericho and Punk got into a huge argument before Punk left the arena.

-The top wrestlers in the company held an informal vote and only one person wanted Punk to stay, most said they'd never trust doing an angle with him again because he could flip out on the Mic again. (Dave didn't say this but I assume the one vote for him was MJF.)

-Paul Levesque won't comment to anyone at all when they ask about Punk coming back to WWE

-The belief is Tony doesn't believe he has a choice and must cut ties with him even though it hurts TV rights negotiations since Punk was their #1 draw.

-Dave doesn't expect Tony or The Elite to ever talk about this in interviews.

-Their return match is expected to be vs. Death Triangle at Full Gear.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Punk was gifted everything by Tony in AEW and still found a way to cause major issue(s). Thing is though does Hunter want to risk a similar scenario and even more conflict in WWE. Putting Punk over say Roman then him flipping out would be a total waste of time.

In hindsight maybe TK never should have bothered entertaining the idea of bringing him back in the first place. As it damaged AEWs rep, put the EVPs on the shelf and made them and Tony look incompetent.

Which was all over him going off on a tangent because of Colt. Had they not had the media scrum it most likely still would have been an issue somewhere down the line where Punk acted up (as there was talk of disharmony in the locker room before "Brawl Out") now we know the main cause of the hostility.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »