The GTA Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: The GTA Thread

Post by ian »

I've been playing GTA on consoles and have concluded that GTA 4 is the only game to age well on console (be it 360 or PS3)

If I had to pick a platform to play every GTA game as they came out on, it would be PC hands down all day every day. Except for 4, which has held up amazingly well in terms of loading times, graphics, general controls and just about every aspect on console.

I tried to play 5 on PS3 and 360 and the past 10 years has NOT been kind to it.
Aside from visuals, which are atrocious! (which have obviously looked much worse on consoles than PC in the whole 3D era) the game takes forever to load, controls horrendously, chugs all the time and all around is not pleasant... The PC port (and the ports to every single platform in the 10 years since launch) has really ruined the original game. But the PC port of 4 was bad enough that the consoles actually still hold up.

I also found going back that 4s car handling is actually not as bad as I remember... When it came out, vehicle handling was AWFUL, and a step down from literally every single GTA game to have ever been made to that point. But now, y'know, it's actually not too bad at all.

I can see myself playing though 4 again before I try 5 again. Because in the time I've spent playing GTA's over the past few days and typing this, GTA5 has had 23 fucking updates.

And Skynet (and Iced Coffee Man if he still visits here) I immediately headed straight to the swing set from memory before I did the first mission for Roman.

I might get around to playing it on PC, because I wanna play some multiplayer with Skynet again, and as I understand it, the game has been fixed from those early problem days. But disc in and go yields a playable experience on console.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:59 pm And Skynet (and Iced Coffee Man if he still visits here) I immediately headed straight to the swing set from memory before I did the first mission for Roman.
I have a GTA4 dedicated server setup and whenever I jump on I immediately go there. No one ever wants to play though :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I find myself often not using my desktop PC days/weeks at a time, but at some point soon when it's on I'm gonna set it to download GTA 4 and jump in for some swing set hijinks!

With enough practise I think we can get into the airport!
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Assuming we don't die first :olol:

For some reason I can't ride sports bikes in the game, whenever I turn I just spin out.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

It's ok, you're a good rider!
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Immediately followed by a crash

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

how much of the leaked stuff this is all based on comes out to be accurate who knows?

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Have they ever released an official map?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Not yet. Rockstar haven't even talked about the game except for when the leak happened.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

my prediction is May 17 3099 as they show no sign of stopping the policy of re-release & flog GTA V for all they can

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

naturally who knows how much will be random speculation & how much will happen, who knows?

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

fits here or the MS thread really

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I don't play video games, at least not like I used to, but man there is a point where a map's size is awe inspiring and there's a point where it's just why the hell does the game world need to be THIS large?

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

especially if they dont put anything in it right, I dont mind a big world as long as theres something to do (& theres a dast travel for when you just want to get on with things) at least in the large open world of RDR 2 theres animals to hunt for food/supplies or fun & plenty of guys to randonly kill