Whenever I read an article online I can't but wonder if it was written by an AI

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Whenever I read an article online I can't but wonder if it was written by an AI

Post by Calavera »

The main ones I'm thinking of is the random articles that appear under "Recommended by pocket" when you open a new tab in Firefox. I usually ignore them but earlier I clicked on this one.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how- ... e-internet

I didn't read all of it because it goes on way too long which is another thing that seems to be true of these "pocket articles". The few times I do click one I end up reading a few paragraphs and then realize I'm not even a quarter of the way into it. I'm not sure what the reason is that they make these articles insanely long. The article I linked to is 31 paragraphs and around 3,300 words long! 31 paragraphs on "How Disney Adults Became The Most Hated Group On The Internet"

I highly doubt many(if any) people are reading the entirety of these articles when they drag on for so long. That is another reason that makes me think it is written by AI. What person would spend the time writing 31 paragraphs on such a random thing? But again I don't understand the reason they make them so long.

I went to ChatGPT and gave the prompt "Write an article about how Disney adults are bad" and it gave me this
Title: The Dark Side of Disney Adults: Obsession or Escapism?

Introduction

Disney has captured the hearts of millions with its enchanting tales and beloved characters, but in recent years, a new phenomenon has emerged: Disney adults. These are grown individuals who embrace an unyielding obsession with Disney, immersing themselves in its magical world, often to the point of excessive consumption and escapism. While it may seem harmless to some, there is a darker side to this trend that needs to be examined.

Stunted maturity and arrested development

One of the primary concerns surrounding Disney adults is the potential for stunted maturity and arrested development. By fixating on a nostalgia-driven fantasy world, these individuals may struggle to develop essential life skills and embrace adult responsibilities. Rather than facing real-life challenges and growing as individuals, they prefer to retreat into a Disney-fueled bubble, refusing to fully engage with the complexities of adulthood.

Financial burden and obsession-driven consumerism

The Disney adult culture is inherently linked to consumerism. From collectible merchandise and annual passes to themed vacations and limited-edition memorabilia, the financial burden of sustaining this obsession can be significant. Many Disney adults find themselves spending a significant portion of their income on Disney-related items, often neglecting essential financial responsibilities. This obsession-driven consumerism can lead to debt and financial instability.

Escapism as a coping mechanism

While escapism can serve as a temporary respite from the challenges of life, excessive escapism can become detrimental. For some Disney adults, their fixation on Disney may be rooted in a desire to escape from reality. They may struggle with personal or emotional difficulties and use Disney as a coping mechanism, effectively avoiding necessary personal growth and self-reflection. This pattern of escapism can hinder personal development and contribute to an unhealthy cycle of dependency.

Lack of diversity and narrow cultural exposure

Disney adults often idealize an idyllic world that is devoid of diversity and fails to accurately reflect the complexities of our society. This narrow focus can lead to a limited cultural understanding and a lack of exposure to diverse perspectives. It perpetuates an unrealistic view of the world, reinforcing stereotypes and preventing personal growth through genuine interactions with different cultures and experiences.

Neglecting other meaningful experiences

Devoting an excessive amount of time, energy, and resources to Disney can detract from other meaningful experiences in life. Disney adults may miss out on opportunities for personal and professional growth, neglect relationships, and limit their exposure to different forms of entertainment and art. This narrow focus on Disney can result in a limited worldview and prevent individuals from exploring the richness of the world around them.

Conclusion

While there is nothing inherently wrong with enjoying Disney as an adult, the phenomenon of Disney adults has raised legitimate concerns. The obsession with Disney can lead to stunted maturity, financial burdens, and an unhealthy reliance on escapism. By fixating solely on Disney, individuals may limit their exposure to diverse experiences and neglect personal growth opportunities.

It is crucial for Disney adults to strike a balance between their love for Disney and their responsibilities as adults. By embracing a more well-rounded approach to life, they can appreciate the magic of Disney without letting it overshadow the equally important aspects of personal growth, financial stability, and diverse cultural exposure.
Now I didn't read all of the original article but some of ChatGPT's article is very similar to the little bit of it I did read. I figure they give multiple prompts. Like "Tell about the origins of the Disney Adult" "write about how Disney adults make others reluctant to even be a Disney fan"

Maybe I'm over thinking it but nowadays it is hard to tell if an article was actually written by a human or AI. News articles about events that just happened are probably written by humans. But random shit like "Disney Adults" "16 Tips to Make Your Run Feel Easier and More Enjoyable" "This Is Why Your Workout Clothes Still Stink After Being Washed" and "8 Natural Ways to Repel Insects Without Bug Spray" etc... in my opinion are more than likely just AI generated articles.

So what do you think? Who is writing the majority of articles online nowadays, humans or AI?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Whenever I read an article online I can't but wonder if it was written by an AI

Post by pixel »

Hello everyone,

The question of who is writing the majority of online articles nowadays, humans or AI, is an interesting one. With the rapid advancements in AI technology, we are witnessing a significant increase in AI-generated content. Many news outlets, blogs, and websites are utilizing AI systems to produce articles quickly and efficiently. However, it's essential to note that humans still play a vital role in content creation. While AI can generate content, humans provide the creative thinking, in-depth analysis, and emotional intelligence that make articles engaging and relatable. Ultimately, a combination of both human and AI contributions is shaping the majority of online articles, striking a balance between efficiency and human expertise.

Best regards,
pixel