The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by Bandit »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I found out KFC was carrying this again, and I just had to jump in the car to buy the world’s greatest fast food sandwich. I missed you so much Double Down.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Reviewbrah living on the edge doing 2 KFC reviews in a row. Getting his fill of vitamin chicken.

It does look very nice.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:vomit:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:15 pm
I wish they wouldn't mess with the Big Mac and cheeseburger. Bring back the Arch Deluxe or something, the lowly cheeseburger needs no adjustments. When I want a better burger, there are local places I'd rather go. I've had some really good Big Macs recently, I'm scared they're going to mess those up too.

All that said, bring back the grilled onion cheddar burger!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bring back the Arch Deluxe
It's funny, the reason people say it failed was because it cost $3, which would be around $5 adjusted for today's inflation, and people thought that was too much for a fast food burger in 1996 because a Big Mac was $2.30 and a Whopper was $1.99. Why McDonald's think they're dropping in sales is because of 5 Guys where their cheapest basic cheeseburger is $9.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

McD's is foolish to chase the expensive burger joints. They should what they normally do: Introduce a whole line of delicious sandwiches for a limited time and never sell them again once we all fall in love. Don't mess with the baseline items, the standardized flavor is the joy of a crappy cheeseburger!

I'm officially middle aged now that I'm arguing with fast food companies when they change the menu.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:35 am I'm officially middle aged now that I'm arguing with fast food companies when they change the menu.
:olol: Hell yeah, we're going to reach the age when we can go bitch at some poor teenager behind the counter about the decisions of a mega corporation barely paying them like Boomers.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:59 am
pixel wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:35 am I'm officially middle aged now that I'm arguing with fast food companies when they change the menu.
:olol: Hell yeah, we're going to reach the age when we can go bitch at some poor teenager behind the counter about the decisions of a mega corporation barely paying them like Boomers.
Damn straight :olol: I've always had the best experience at McDonald's
  • Years ago, I was mid order until I realized that the cashier was quietly sobbing. She kept taking my order and I felt terrible but kept going through the order just to get out of there
  • We were traveling and stopped at the McDonald's in the 5,000-population town my parents are from. One of the guys in the kitchen was losing it, yelling "FUCKING" every other word about some "FATASS CONSTRUCTION WORKERS" that were hassling him in the drive-thru
  • The teens at my local restaurant are straight up feral. Two of them will sit behind the counter and only talk in zoomer slang. They usually have a 50-year-old manager dude there but he's too worn down or chill to do anything. Honestly, I respect their "fuck it" attitude.
The wildest experience lately has been at Burger King. We stopped by for dinner and it was a shitshow in there. They had three people working and the drive-thru was backed up. The intercom was blasting over the speakers and some shit-heel customer was cussing at them through the intercom while his kid was screaming.

The cashier saw us come and locked the door behind us so no one else could in. (That's gotta be illegal, right?) She told us she'd unlock when we were ready to go. The food was alright, but those three were stressed the fuck out.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

If you want craziness Wendys and Popeyes are where to go.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Ghost Pepper Fries are back?!? OMG, that was my favorite thing at Wendy’s the last time they had them!

EDIT: WTF, that’s not the ghost pepper fries I know and love! The original had two types of cheeses and chopped jalapeños poured on top followed by a drizzle of the ghost pepper sauce. These new ones only have the sauce and nothing else. That’s boring.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Following in Cottees decision to stop making cola flavoured cordial, Allen's (Nestle) is now axing the Fantale...
That's a bloody outrage, it is!!!

Next up Four n twenty are to stop making the meat pie and Arnott's are to axe the Tim Tam.
Carlton United Brewery are going to stop making Carlton Draught and Victoria Bitter.
And Vegemite? GONE!

All those things combined wouldn't be as big a loss to the country as losing fantales.

I wouldn't care if they scrapped minties, because those have been shit since they changed them to dissolve in 2.3 seconds as opposed to lasting 5 hours and destroying and sticking to any tooth you dared to chew them with.
But not fantales!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.