What have you been watching on TV?

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: What have you been watching on TV?

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

King Of The Hill

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Finally got around to Cunk On Earth. It was hilarious, as usual.
Better than Cunk On Britain and on Christmas.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I've been watching Metalocalypse... Ready for this movie they announced TEN TRILLION FUCKING YEARS AGO! (Almost 2 years ago)

The series has aged well, and all the tracks still hold up as bangers, Especially Crush The Industry and Toki's series of non metal ones, but the peak is still Mark Hamill and the increasingly ridiculous expert names peaking with "Dr. Tormindbind Mickmildididindnin" :rofl: I'm hoping that with Dethklok touring later this year, that the movie is coming somewhat soon.

After Doomstar Requiem, this is finished I'll probably watch Futurama for the 1000th time getting ready for that to come back at some point soon.

Beavis and Butthead starts again soon so the second that is available to me, I will be watching it. So a preemptive post for that.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I watched series 11 of letterkenny. Which I honestly kind of forget about now they manage 7 episodes a year. Having 2 series of 6 episodes and a special each year was a perfect release schedule. Doing a season of 6 episodes on Christmas day and then a special at some random point doesn't really work for me.
It was a bit light on the jokes, and the coach was missing the line I wait for every season, but it delivered enough laughs and dependable elements for me to enjoy it.

I also caved and watched Ricky Gervais show After Life, after the 3rd person since it first aired years ago asked me what I thought of it, and when I said I hadn't seen it was greeted with shock and surprise like if I said I'd never seen a car or an electric light before.
The series started well, but then rapidly fell apart. It forgot to be funny, it forgot to be touching, it forgot to be entertaining and it forgot to be clever really really quickly, and then it throws in the corny as fuck ending and overall it just seemed like for 2 out of 3 seasons I was wasting my time.

The sting of After Life sucking so much is that Gervais is usually brilliant and when you know how much better the person behind something can be, it makes it suck even more... Like the Bill Burr atrocity F is for Family. I expect more from Gervais than I do Burr so the show sucks more.
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:rofl:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

On a TV like this, I bet you couldn't even make out my obscene tattoo!
IMG_20230615_163049_649.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

The new grand tour special Eurocrash.

Not the best, but not terrible. The structure felt like their American RV special (which I loved how that was structured)
I liked that it had a bit of everything.

Spoilers!!!

Three guys fucking around, (4 with Nigel) weird cars, (Jeremy) shit cars, (Richard) and obscure cars I've never heard of (James).

They took part in an actual race (Richard in the Formula Soviet) took a batshit insane sports car on a track (Bohema) and turned a car into a vehicle it wasn't suitable for (ambulance) and looked at a modern wacky car (plane).

They talked cars in small doses and took a 2 of a kind Skoda out for a history lesson and had a couple of small crashes and a wacky races drag race for good measure. it did indeed feel special.

Hope the next one isn't a whole year away.
This is brilliant (Hammonds Workshop, Clarksons farm, our man in etc)
But I like THIS! (Grand tour)
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

I am watching Arrow with my elderly mother. It’s hilarious watching her try to keep it all straight. Especially with the multiple time periods and dead people coming back. She’s like “That’s Chloe, right?”
I am like: “No. Chloe was on the previous show we watched. That’s Laurel.”
She be like “Oliver’s sister.”
I be like “No that’s Thea. Laurel is Oliver’s X girlfriend. They broke up after getting back together twice, and now they’re in love but not exactly an item.”

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I watched a bunch of Christmas specials, checked out an episode of Krapopolis. it's not as good as I was hoping but it's not total shit.

I also watched the big fat quiz of the year. It felt off. Firstly, Jimmy Carr didn't seem to laugh at all in it. He has one of the most distinctively weird laughs ever so not hearing it was jarring. He'd usually have back and forths with the contestants but he just kept dropping chances to dig back at them and moved on.
Also, Ayoade seemed somewhat restrained hung over or tired maybe? I have no fucking clue who anyone else was.
-Two Interactive.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

I have been watching
| * Designated Survivor
| * Man Cave S8
| * High Score on Netflix, and
| * Life on Earth.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I watched all of Dad's Army on BritBox.

I'm now going through The Goodies.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Watched the final of Archer. Was a nice ending to a great show. Loved the callback to the pilot with the Go-kart battery.

But when Ray said "KICK PANTS" I lost it, Haven't laughed so hard at Archer in years.
I've always appreciated the Frisky Dingo references, so to get one last callback in the final episode, and have Adam Reed be the one to deliver it was just amazing.

I can't wait to see what Adam Reed and Matt Thompson do next.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Well I just watched the 12th and Final season.
I will miss it, but it's probably time. The spinoff Shoresy is getting a 3rd season, but it's just not as funny.
Letterkenny has always been so good because just as one trope started to get boring you got to see what a different subset of people were up to. And when the Hicks, Skids, Hockey players, and Christians got a bit overused along with episodes having whole random songs instead of dialog, along came the DYCKS!
Shoresy compared to Letterkenny is FUCKING EMBARRASING!!!

I will miss this show. Last season has delivered only the 4th good country song in history while it's going down.
BRILLIANT.
Only the 4th good country (and western) song in history is not hyperbole. you have Canadian Corb Lund with "Truck Got Stuck" and American Brad Paisley with "Online" and "Mr. Policeman" And now the world has the Genius of Sun Darts.

So happy to have had this show, and happy that the final season delivered one of the all time classic episodes.

In memoriam 2023:
Archer.
Letterkenny.
Disenchantment.

JESUS 2023 has been tough for losses of great comedy.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I watched season 1 of Hazbin Hotel.

Hnnnggg. It's got a great premise, and great visual style, and a great cast and great characters. But I don't think it was worth the 4 year wait since the pilot. The show just doesn't land with me, which is such a shame because I really wanted to like it...

The songs don't work, the few jokes it has mostly don't land and it feels like it's trying way too hard to be edgy and everything it's not.

It just doesn't have the charm or humour of the much more lovable Helluva Boss. I doubt I'll be back for any more Hazbin Hotel, but I will keep counting the days till there's more Helluva Boss.
Weird concept for a spinoff to get made based off the success of a pilot, and even weirder that said spinoff would outshine the original show.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Watched the new Grand Tour special. Second last ever apparently.

Worst special since seamen. Let me finish. It delivered a few laughs and I'm glad to have it. Jesus it's long.

But when they've been to every location in the world in every car in the world and on every road in the world, 2 and a quarter hours of desert backgrounds in decade old cars where 2 work perfectly got a bit meh.

There were lots of fun moments that get lost and forgotten in the Gone with the Wind runtime.
If they make an abridged version and keep it under an hour I'd be a lot happier with it. If it was an hour long and had all the jokes and good times in it, it could turn into one of their best specials.

Of course you can normally shave 5 minutes from the montage at the end where they recap the adventure and say how much they love their cars. Normally I hate these recaps because I just saw all that stuff like 40 minutes to an hour ago, but in sandjob the recap makes sense because it's an eternity from when it started to when it finished.

Scandi flick (which I'm calling Snow Job from now on) was heaps better, and I'll rewatch that before I come back for another Sand Job.

That said, I hope the next and last special has a runtime of eternity and they can talk cars forever.
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin.

Loved it. It's bullshit stories but told well and hilarious. All I knew going in was that it had Noel Fielding, but watching it I was constantly impressed at all the amazingly funny people that turn up in it. I hope they make more of this.

I adore this show. The comedy can be as smart and subtle or dumb and blatantly obvious as it likes and its simply amazing.

Noel Fielding has always been hit and miss for me. When he's funny, which is more often than not. He's incredibly funny.
But when he's not, it's quite painful and confusing. And this show made me realise that when he's being himself or working on other people's projects he does a much better job than when it's his own stuff.
This show is not his, and damn it works for him.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:47 am The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin.
I'll check that out, looks good. I'd probably watch the stuffy 1979 version if I had time. :olol: Reminds me of when I watched Sharpe.

X-Men 97: I watched the first episode, it was really good! Definitely cheesy, but also fun. I'd appreciate it if Marvel and DC closed their live-action studios and focused on animation/3D graphics.

Quantum Leap: Worst writing and production of any show I've ever watched. Say what you will about the culture/political stuff, that doesn't bother me except for the ham-fisted dialog. The sets are crap and the writing reads like a high school production. They had some great plot ideas
Spoiler
(Evil leaper, leap program gets shut down, even the relationship between Ben and Addison)
, but it's presented in such a dogshit way. I'll still finish because I have to know what happens. NBC must be cash strapped because this show is running on a budget.