I just found a secret program on my computer called "BIOS" PC companies don't want you to know about this!

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

I just found a secret program on my computer called "BIOS" PC companies don't want you to know about this!

Post by Calavera »

So I booted up my computer earlier and as I did I dropped my keyboard and the cat ran across it. When my kitty cat ran across the keyboard it must have accidentally pressed some sort of secret key combination because instead of loading into Windows like normal it took me to a screen that was called "bios"

There was all kinds of crazy high tech things in their! I'll be honest I didn't understand a whole lot of it but then I found some settings that were easy to understand. They were none other than CPU and RAM speed controls! Apparently the PC companies set your hardware to a certain speed so then when a game or program isn't running fast they sell you an "upgraded" CPU when in many cases all they are doing are most likely changing these setting and charging you 100s of dollars! I know this all sounds hard to believe so I took a screenshot with my phone when "bios" was loaded to prove that I'm not just blowing smoke.

First though a little bit about my hardware. My CPU is a 3600X. I did the research and this CPU is sold at being 3800mhz with a 4400mhz turbo mode. That alone is a little suspicious since as far as I know computers nowadays don't even have turbo buttons anymore so I'm not sure how this supposed turbo mode is suppose to be accessed. I found out that my ram is DDR4 3200. I did some more research and apparently the 3200 in DDR4 3200 stands for the mhz so the speed is 3200mhz. So keep those numbers in mind 3800mhz CPU and 3200mhz RAM. Now look at what I was able to set it to in the "bios" application!

It allowed me to turn the CPU all the way to 6375mhz! Holy flarken spit! That is an increase of 2575mhz! Oh and one thing I forgot to mention. During my research I found that this particular CPU has six of what they call "cores". Apparently this mean that this one CPU contains 6 CPUs. So when the factor that in the increase in speed is an extra 2575mhzx6=15450mhz! This "bios" application allowed me to get an extra 15450mhz out of my chip! That is just crazy! I'm almost afraid to post this information because once people find out the computer companies have been purposely slowing down systems to sell new parts and that people can just speed them up on their own using "bios" the computer companies are going to be angry!

It doesn't end there though! Take another look at that screenshot notice the line that is highlighted. Above that it shows the speed that my ram has been set to using something the computer companies are calling "profiles". Apparently whatever kind of ram you buy they just set it to that "profile" but it is actually the same chips! Selecting the frequency menu caused a popup to open showing all different kinds of ram and speeds. The highest one was DDR4-6000. As mentioned previously the 6000 stands for how many mhz it has. The computer company was claiming my ram was a DDR4-3200 so 3200mhz but using this option in "bios" has allowed me to turn it to 6000mhz! Almost double the speed they had me "profiled" to! I am still flabbergasted at finding this out.

So lets do a quick recap. My CPU with has six "cores" was able to increase 2575mhz for each "core" bring the total extra speed to 15450mhz. My ram was able to get an extra 2800mhz but I have two sticks of it so that brings the ram extra speed to 5600mhz! So 15450mhz extra CPU plus 5600mhz RAM = a total increase of 21050mhz! And that is just the extra power that was achieved through "bios"! Adding the entire current power of 6375mhz x 6 cores + DDR4 6000 x 2 sticks equals 50250mhz! I might have the fastest PC in the world right now! The computer companies were probably not planning to change to those settings for several years but due to my clumsiness and my cat I discovered "bios" and am basically have a computer of the future!

It won't be long until computer companies find this post and have it taken down so I urge you to repost this as many places as you can! Spread the word! Once this knowledge is seen by enough people the computer companies won't be able to hide from it and will have to come clean!

Now for those of you that are wanting to do this to your own system you will have to crack the keycode to enter "bios" It was a total fluke when I found it and I can no longer access it anymore after changing my settings since I don't know the keycombo. My suggestion is to just hit several different keys when you boot on your computer. Hopefully if this is shared enough then someone can discover the actual combo so everyone can easily get into "bios"

I'm still in disbelief over discovering this. It is hard to believe that computer companies were sticking it to us for so long with these artificial limits! That is all I have to say for now just remember to share this as much as you can!

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: I just found a secret program on my computer called "BIOS" PC companies don't want you to know about this!

Post by Calavera »

I guess my attempt at humor failed :sad: :embarrassed: :cry:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: I just found a secret program on my computer called "BIOS" PC companies don't want you to know about this!

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

You win some, you lose some.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I recently found out both of my computers have a battery in them that when combined can power my Dreamcast VMU.

I have probably lost access to this magical program you have found.
But they seem pretty useless in the computers. THEY ALWAYS STAY PLUGGED IN and a battery that small would do NOTHING to power my computers.

By putting them in my VMU, I’ll be able to use it as a watch without the dreamcast for like a week before they go flat.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

ian wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:21 am I recently found out both of my computers have a battery in them that when combined can power my Dreamcast VMU.

But they seem pretty useless in the computers. THEY ALWAYS STAY PLUGGED IN and a battery that small would do NOTHING to power my computers.

By putting them in my VMU, I’ll be able to use it as a watch without the dreamcast for like a week before they go flat.
This must a different battery than the one I'm thinking of. The kind I am thinking of are already flat, kind of like a coin.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

ian wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:21 am I recently found out both of my computers have a battery in them that when combined can power my Dreamcast VMU.

In all seriousness why the hell didn't Sega just have the VMUs run off of AAA batteries? I wonder how long it would run on 2 AAAs vs the stupid coin battery.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

you want the conspiracy?
THIS GOES ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP! The Dreamcast had a Hitachi CPU.. You know a brand that makes button cell batteries? THAT'S RIGHT! Hitachi.

The Dreamcast ONLY EXISTED BECAUSE HITACHI WANTED TO SELL CR2032 BATTERIES!!!
-Two Interactive.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

And they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for us knowledgeable nerds!!!
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Calavera wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:08 pm

In all seriousness why the hell didn't Sega just have the VMUs run off of AAA batteries? I wonder how long it would run on 2 AAAs vs the stupid coin battery.
I actually find it weird if I boot up my Dreamcast and don't hear beeeep. :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

For like 4 years I thought the BEEEP was just a thing the VMU's did till I put some fresh batteries in one, it didn't beep and I thought it was fucked. then I looked it up.
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Dreamcast emulators need to have an option to add the *BEEEEEP when you start up a game. And also the grinding sounds of the GD drive. It is crazy how loud that damn thing was! And if you ever tried to load DreamSNES without a rom.lst it sounded like it was going to self destruct.