The Mandolorian

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

The Mandolorian

Post by 2dr »

I suppose you dudes are interested as am I in the Mandolorian series. Feel free to chat here about fav Grogu/Groggy moments, fan theories, cool ideas, and analyses regarding the Mandolorian.

I found so many lol moments and Easter eggs to the original series that I am going to watch both seasons again.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Mandolorian

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I still haven't gotten around to watching it.

I will eventually.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

It’s well worth the watch however the episode structure is very repetitive and predictable. Mando wants something so the owner sent him on a mission as payment. But the finer details are exciting and the visuals are engaging.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm not into Star Wars, but my friends that are went crazy about how much they liked it. They were saying it restored their faith in the franchise after the last few movies they didn't like.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

It's a great show, especially the second season. They've done a great job with the characters, writing and production.

The sequels got caught up in franchise tropes to sell tickets. They played it way too safe, whereas the Mandalorian does a great job at entertaining old and new fans. I'm watching it with my fiancee and she's enjoying it with a basic knowledge of Star Wars. Meanwhile, it's great for me to see all the extended universe stuff they've put in.

If the other planned Star Wars shows are half as good of the Mandalorian, this is definitely a golden era for the franchise.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Mandalorian was fun to watch, but I got REAL tired of the exact same formula for nearly every episode. Finds a person based on information, spends an entire episode helping that person, then is rewarded with another piece of information. It made the first season feel like only the first and last episodes mattered, and wasn’t much better with the second one.

I did really enjoy the western feel to them, though, with the shootouts and fast draws. And the very concept of baby Yoda was probably the best marketing the show could have ever had. I bet it would have gotten half the viewership if it wasn’t for that stupidly cute puppet.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:22 am Mandalorian was fun to watch, but I got REAL tired of the exact same formula for nearly every episode.
I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. I hope season 3 will branch out a little more.
Spoiler
... Especially since Grogu went with Luke to train. They have enough characters to really get wild now, so I hope they go outside the box.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

BABY YODA MOTHAFUCKA

I wanna know more about Sasha Banks' character. Why was she watching them while in a black sith robe? Is she connected to Grand Admiral Thrawn?

If the last episode didn't choke you up, you probably don't have a soul.

2dr
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by 2dr »

She is definitely up to something. Weather and it has anything to do with the grand Admiral Thrawn I can’t say, but I’m definitely looking forward to season three.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I see her point but....that could have gone better.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I'm not a huge fan of firing people for having dumb political opinions. But I also think that it takes a special type of moron to claim martyrdom by comparing modern U.S. conservatism to the Holocaust.

If anything, a more apt comparison might be if a president spoke at hundreds of rallies where he claimed that religiocentrism and nationalistic loyalty would return his country to greatness. Bonus points if there was some sort of propaganda about a wide-reaching global cabal of elites that were crushing the average innocent U.S. citizen under their boots.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm torn on it. On one hand it is totally hypocritical since every other celebrity posted political views calling Trump Hitler and comparing immigration detention to concentration camps (which went from "kids in cages" to "overflow facilities" with Biden showing no end in sight to them) or comparing the Capitol Hill riot to Kristallnacht.

But on the other hand, if your boss warns you to stop doing something and you keep doing it, you didn't really want to keep your job, you wanted a "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" for the MAGA set moment.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 am I'm torn on it. On one hand it is totally hypocritical since every other celebrity posted political views calling Trump Hitler and comparing immigration detention to concentration camps (which went from "kids in cages" to "overflow facilities" with Biden showing no end in sight to them) or comparing the Capitol Hill riot to Kristallnacht.
Same, I don't like having Twitter being an arbiter for stuff like this. But then again, I don't want to spend my time fretting over these huge corporations like Disney. I think a lot of problems are fixed by staying focused on local and state matters, especially on social media. Twitter is a special utopia for me when it's just local news reporters, alt-sports outlets like Defector, and weird niche accounts for speedrunning and fighting games.
Bandit wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:37 amBut on the other hand, if your boss warns you to stop doing something and you keep doing it, you didn't really want to keep your job, you wanted a "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" for the MAGA set moment.
And that's the frustrating part for me, what is all this worth? What is she standing up for? Some vague set of mutated Tea Party ideals that have been ingrained into people after a decade of shitposting on social media?