WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

:rofl2: He went from threatening Barry Blaustein for filming him on a payphone because it would kill the gimmick to this shit.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's weird shit but it's easy money.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I get the Coronavirus has impacted everything but the man has carried the fucking company for 30 years and he gets a scripted popcorn fart for a retirement? That felt so over-rehearsed, dry, and going through the motions-ish.

Welp, I can honestly say that I will never watch another thing from WWE now, at least....

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

#drewmcinfart is trending on Twitter.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Ocelot wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:32 am I get the Coronavirus has impacted everything but the man has carried the fucking company for 30 years and he gets a scripted popcorn fart for a retirement? That felt so over-rehearsed, dry, and going through the motions-ish.

Welp, I can honestly say that I will never watch another thing from WWE now, at least....
The whole PPV pissed me off. It seemed like no one cared about the Red vs Blue aspect of Survivor Series and the Taker farewell was fucking garbage.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I will defer to Ocelot since he is the Undertaker expert. But I don't think that story is quite true. Hogan filmed the movie when he was selling the Earthquake attack between May and August 1990. And from what Bruce Prichard said Taker decided to leave WCW because he hated Ole Anderson and Paul Heyman was the one who reached out to Prichard to see if they were interested in him. But maybe.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Bandit wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:42 pm

I will defer to Ocelot since he is the Undertaker expert. But I don't think that story is quite true. Hogan filmed the movie when he was selling the Earthquake attack between May and August 1990. And from what Bruce Prichard said Taker decided to leave WCW because he hated Ole Anderson and Paul Heyman was the one who reached out to Prichard to see if they were interested in him. But maybe.
You are completely correct, brother. Hogan is once again full of bullshit.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Soo annoyed I watched the ppv to the end to see what they did for Takers latest 'farewell' after getting a load of people out to celebrate his career Vince appears to introduce him & all those who had just come out have vanished into thin air so I guess that was just a case of "lets pad the run time a bit" then Vince vanishes as well so not even Taker & the boss having a jab at each other, the only halfway interesting thing about it was playing Takers entrance music with Tesla coils, which I must say I did kinda like. So thats 30 odd minutes I coulda spent turning the ppv off & watching Raw live instead.
Most if the matches were around the 'eh its alright' kind of feel really, bigest shock was Lana didnt get put through the anouncers desck, felt sure it was coming as she pranced about as the teams only surviving member.
The mens team was OK with Seth either not waning to work with Riddle (some disagreement in the past between their woman from what I saw on a vid talking about the match) or he wanted to get out as his kids near to being born so sod the wrestling time to family (which is fair enough really)
Drew v Roman was shaping up to be fun & for the most part was until the shenanigins or ref goes down Ouso comes out to help, low blows etc.. shame as it was rather decent up till then but at least the anounce deck got killed so it fulfilled its destiny
Guess Truth loosing the 24/7 title to the Gobbledy Gooker on the kick off show wasnt too bad as a random bit of fun

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well now I really wish I'd turned the ppv off on Monday night as Raw had more of a Taker celebration on it than the ppv actually did, at least on Raw they had some wrestlers talking about memories of Taker which is a damn sight more than the ppv had. Still at least I got to bed a little earlier than normal I suppose & got a bit more sleep, so thats something I guess

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Jeff couldn't let his brother get the worst botch in the family with that Sammy Guevara match this summer.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

man I love the comentatry team contradicting themselves, at one point saying its the first Symphony of Destruction match then a couple of lines later referencing the other ones Elias has been in, now thats the kind of cock up that puts a nice big grin on my face when I hear it

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »