Sony General Games Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Sony General Game Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Except for the PS4, which was the more powerful system.

The PS5 will outsell the XSX though, most people won't care about the specs.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

If Microsoft gets this whole Xbox ecosystem working, I'd consider a new Xbox only with the consideration that I can buy one copy of a game and play it on my PC and Xbox. As it stands, the last traditional console I've bought is an Xbox 360.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:47 am Except for the PS4, which was the more powerful system.
PS4 Pro is less powerful than the XBO-X, So that doesn't work...
brute forcing the specs won't win your console wars though. Nintendo won with the Wii with a pocket calculator processor.

Lets say the console wars are a door. Microsoft get through with a barrage of cannons (ever since the original, the specs have been brute force), Sony get through with a battering ram, and Nintendo get through with a small lock pick kit.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

PS4 had the generation won way before X & Pro came out.

XSX being as powerful as it is will help it sell fairly well, if it's not too expensive. With the Australian dollar tanking, these new consoles could be pushing towards the AU$1000 mark.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I guess it comes down to games then... ;) specs are irrelevant.
in terms of games:
Master System > NES
SNES > Megadrive
PS1 > N64 > Saturn
DC > GC > Xbox > PS2
Xbox 360 > anything.
PS4 > Switch > XBO
next gen: First system to get a GTA is the one I will buy!

I own and enjoy all the current gen.. Cannot say I will buy ANY of the new ones untill there's a game I want to play.
At present, the only single game in all of the industry that could get me to buy a new console is the next GTA...
No GTA, Next gen consoles are worth about $5-10 absolute tops... when one HAS GTA, $500,800,1000. DONE!

The way it works is, Sony wins a generation and then gets complacent, then has to make the effort again.
Since Sony won the PS4 gen, I'm guessing the PS5, they'll slack off and MS will win... THEN the PS6 will come out with full backwards compatibility and games out the wazoo!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

PS2 is the highest selling console ever, so they didn't really get complacent that gen. There are a lot of great games on it, and it got the GTA games first.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:44 pm PS2 is the highest selling console ever, so they didn't really get complacent that gen. There are a lot of great games on it, and it got the GTA games first.
Considering Sony consoles have all had highest units sold for each gen since launch, I don't know how they get complacent. :olol:

I just don't like the consoles, I prefer Nintendo/MS offerings, along with PC

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I like their consoles, but I like the other consoles too.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Skynet wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:50 pm
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:44 pm PS2 is the highest selling console ever, so they didn't really get complacent that gen. There are a lot of great games on it, and it got the GTA games first.
Considering Sony consoles have all had highest units sold for each gen since launch, I don't know how they get complacent. :olol
I didn’t realize that PS3 ever beat 360, but it appears after 6 years they finally outsold the 360. Since it took until nearly the end of the PS3 lifespan to finally become popular, I personally still give the win to 360.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

melancholy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:25 pm
Considering Sony consoles have all had highest units sold for each gen since launch, I don't know how they get complacent. :olol
I didn’t realize that PS3 ever beat 360, but it appears after 6 years they finally outsold the 360. Since it took until nearly the end of the PS3 lifespan to finally become popular, I personally still give the win to 360.
Oh I 100% agree. The 360 was great. I wonder how many of those consoles sold were same customer multiple purchase due to RROD :olol: But yeah, it definitely took forever for the PS3 to finally overtake 360 last gen.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Skynet wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 am
Oh I 100% agree. The 360 was great. I wonder how many of those consoles sold were same customer multiple purchase due to RROD :olol: But yeah, it definitely took forever for the PS3 to finally overtake 360 last gen.
I went though 4 of them, but that was all under warranty. The first one scratched disks up, then the other 3 all red ringed.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

OrangeRibbon wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:42 am
Skynet wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 am
I went though 4 of them, but that was all under warranty. The first one scratched disks up, then the other 3 all red ringed.
I had my original which did RRoD. I got it replaced but bought a new, Arcade model. Then I bought a model S I think? Then last Christmas I bought another one for the sole purpose of modding it. I got it modded, now have barely used it. :olol:

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Saints Row: The Third Remastered announced, set for release on 22 May

Back in 2011, Saints Row: The Third was released to the public. Yesterday, nine years since the game’s original release, Deep Silver has announced that it will release the remaster of Saints Row: The Third for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on 22 May, 2020.

In this remaster, every weapon and car has received new models and much of the city has received graphical improvements – basically a “full makeover”. The graphic enhancements were developed by Sperasoft, which reworked 4000 assets, revamping the city, characters and effects, offering improved graphics and a new lighting engine.

According to Deep Silver, The Saints Row: The Third Remastered includes the three expansions mission packs and over 30 DLCs, all of them remastered for the release of the game. With this additional content, players can enjoy extra hours of “gleeful gameplay” in the streets of Steelport.

The game puts the player in the feet of the leader of the Saints gang. Initially a gang, the Saints have become some sort of celebrity group with their own brand, featuring energy drinks, clothing and more. With that much notoriety, the gang was noticed by the Syndicate, a criminal organisation with tremendous power all over the world. They are asking for the Saints to bend the knee to them, but that won’t happen. With the Saints’ refusal, a “gang war” started in Steelport, which fell under the control of the Syndicate.

With all the DLCs, enhanced graphics, effects, environments, and lighting system, the absurdness of Saints Row is about to look better than ever. Dismantle the Syndicate organisation in the city of sin, use crazy weapons to defeat and humiliate your enemies, and create the “most outlandish characters ever seen”. Additionally, you can do all of this in co-op, exploring new opportunities to destroy the Steelport.

If you can learn more about the upcoming Saints Row: The Third Remastered, click HERE.

KitGuru says: Have you played any Saints Row game? What do you think of the franchise? Are you planning on getting the Saints Row: The Third Remastered?
source also on Xbone & PC, official site for any additional stuff. Now its just SR2 to hope for, though as they've said its a lot harder it may not happen, SR1 was a pretty straight laced GTA clone so dont care too much unless they redid it with some SR2 madness of course

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ehhh, it doesn't look great.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Is that a Mad Catz or something? :olol:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It does look like a 3rd party controller.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

As soon as I saw it I thought it was a 3rd party until I saw the source.