WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Ocelot »

Not the talent's fault at all. Or the fans' fault for not 'getting' it or whatever. The fault like squarely with Vince. HHH, bless him, has a Herculean task trying to work around Vince.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Why wrestlers have decided to re-sign with WWE when they do things like this makes no sense. Mike Bennett, Rusev, Lashley, The Revival, Alesister Black, now Ricochet. Either jobbed out or put in nonsensical storylines, or both. Ricochet should just sit his contract out or ask for his release.

He could easily go to AEW and/or New Japan instead. Or alternatively if he has to stay under contract go to NXT. I imagine there's guys and girls there who don't want to be called up to the main roster.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He has years left so he can't sit out. And Vince won't let him go because he knows AEW and/or New Japan would take him and it could make an impact if he has good matches again.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Well that PPV ate ass.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I forgot that there was even a PPV on.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I didn't see it but I heard the Philadelphia crowd hated it and Vince was mad because they gave them such good shit pal.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well thjat was the worst smackdown I can remember, they even padded it with the hiac tag for gods sake (faintly amusing to see the fox logo under the bt sport one though) & at least HHH seemed to be atempting to make it a little amusing, very hard to do but at least I grinned slightly occasionally

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

You'd think they'd try harder since they could have had the most viewers since they've been on FOX with so many people at home and no sports.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Someone show Vince some 1986 NWA and tell him to do empty studio shows like that.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Shit, get the writers to at least act like marks around the ring or something. That's just pathetic.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

they're doing it again folks, one Edge promo followed by a repeat of the royal rumble which so far looks like its gonna be the entire thing, thank god I aint paying for it (free with my bt internet on bt sport) or I'd be really annoyed

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They just announced Wrestlemania will be held at the Performance Center.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

WM is going to be very weird.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

WWE confirm WrestleMania 36 plans amid worldwide coronavirus pandemic
WWE have confirmed that the Showcase of the Immortals will not take place in Tampa, as had previously been the plan, amid the worldwide coronavirus pandemic

WWE have announced that WrestleMania 36 will not take place in Tampa Bay, Florida, as had previously been planned.

However, the 'Showcase of the Immortals' will still take place, as owner Vince McMahon has elected not to postpone the event.

Instead, WWE are due to take a major financial hit, after electing to continue with WrestleMania behind closed doors.

It will now take place at the Performance Center in Orlando, with only "essential personnel" in attendance.

It will be streamed live on the WWE Network.

A WWE statement on Monday confirmed: “In coordination with local partners and government officials, WrestleMania and all related events in Tampa Bay will not take place.

"However, WrestleMania will still stream live on Sunday, April 5 at 7pm ET (Midnight UK) on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view.

"Only essential personnel will be on the closed set at WWE’s training facility in Orlando, Florida to produce WrestleMania.”

It remains to be seen whether there will be any changes to the card.

World heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar is due to main event the show against Royal Rumble winner Drew McIntyre, while Universal champion Goldberg will face Roman Reigns.

John Cena is also due to perform, taking on 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sp ... 6-21704489

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Don't WWE have to put out new content as per their TV deals?. Otherwise it makes no sense to continue when soccer, NBA, MLB, NHL, college basketball, XFL etc is suspended.

Yesterday's Raw could have been a Best of Austin (since they were pushing the 3:16 day theme) and had him do an interview from his ranch. WM should be suspended/postponed til there can be large gatherings again because in front of no fans at the PC it'll just be strange.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

:rofl2: