Sony General Games Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Sony General Game Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The person that first leaked the Sony no show yesterday has more news.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Holy shit, I nearly bought OnRush on Black Friday. Had it in my cart and everything but took it out at last minute. I would have been SO pissed.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Good month, OnRush looks good, and the two Vita games looks sweet. November was also a good month.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

tried a bit of OnRush last night, seems pretty decent, having only done the first bit cant say much more yet though

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I’m willing to try Steep again. The PC build was the buggiest game I’ve ever played so hopefully the PS4 version is better.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Asias getting a better game, not sure what The Division is like but its gotta be better than Portal Knight probably

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Portal Knight is pretty good and is better than The Division.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Red Dead Redemption Running Near Perfect On RPCS3

Over the last couple of years, a lot of attention has been turned towards emulators. Specifically those for the Wii-U and PS3. In fairness, given the lack of popularity in sales (for the former), lack of backwards compatibility (in the latter) and the overall issue that neither Nintendo nor Sony are overly generous in bringing their products to the PC, this is hardly surprising.

In regards to the PS3 though, one of the most stand-out emulators currently in development is RPCS3. Similar to CEMU (the Wii-U emulator), however, one of the biggest issues has been finding a way to get the games to run at least playable well.

Following the release of a brand new video, however, the latest version of RPCS3 may have just ticked one of the biggest request boxes from the community. Red Dead Redemption is not only running on the emulator, but it’s running in a near perfect state!

One of my biggest criticisms of both of the aforementioned emulators is that the performance is very often overstated. As you can see in the video above, however, Red Dead Redemption is now running remarkably well. The only issue (as far as I could see) was some occasional and very minor screen tearing and framerate issues.

There is, however, a factor I noted in this video that is worth bringing up. Specifically, that this emulator is running on an i9 9900k. It highlights the point that the best performance seen from these emulators on videos is usually recorded on some of the best hardware out there. With a particularly heavy level of processing power giving the better-looking results.

We all know that in terms of outright gaming performance, the i9 9900k is one of the best processors currently on the market. You should, therefore, not entirely expect something similar if you try this on your Ryzen 5.

You can check out the official RPCS3 website in the link here if you want to download the emulator. Getting a ROM of the game, however, is very much your own business!

What do you think? Impressed with the performance? – Let us know in the comments! In addition, if you do try it out on your system, let us know the specs and your results!
source technocally counts as PC news as well I guess but felt more fitting here

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Sony just ended the PS+ free games for the PS3 and Vita. Shame because I usually liked the Vita games when they had cross play titles.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »