Fighting Mongooses

Re: Mom finds 8th graders Spotify playlist

Post by Calavera »

What a bitch!

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Why does the person zoom in twice on every transition?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I remember back in the MP3 days, my brother renamed Three 6 Mafia tracks to hide them on the family iMac. Slob On My Knob was some dumb Joe Diffie song.

There was also the time my dad discovered that his flat pack of 250 floppy disks had been ransacked. My brother was squeezing whatever illicit content he could on a 2.8MB disk and selling them at school.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

pixel wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:54 pm There was also the time my dad discovered that his flat pack of 250 floppy disks had been ransacked. My brother was squeezing whatever illicit content he could on a 2.8MB disk and selling them at school.
I should have done that in Junior High. I was one of the first people to have a CD-burner. I could have probably been burning CDs for a few bucks a piece and making decent money. Burning audio CDs would have been no problem but PC games would have been a hassle. I can imagine trying to explain to some angry kid who says "muh game doesn't work!" about copying the No-CD crack into the installation folder. I remember when I first told someone I had a CD burner their first response was "oh cool so you can burn Playstation games?" I tried to explain about a modchip but it was futile. He went on to tell me about those Memorex black CD-Rs thinking those would work because they are black like Playstation games. :shifty:

Off-topic but I used tons of those black bottom Memorex CD-Rs over the years for all my DCEmulation needs. There is probably a NesterDC disc still hanging around somewhere out in the barn.