Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Unboxing an UNUSED Dreamcast Console 23 Years Later

Post by Roofus »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Unboxing an UNUSED Dreamcast Console 23 Years Later

Post by Calavera »

In all my years of Dreamcastin' I never had one of those boxes. The ones I had were always the (better looking imo) original style box.

I haven't watched the video yet but I see it has one of the common problems of LGR videos. It is way too long for the topic is! 34 minutes for a Dreamcast unboxing + gameplay. Even with giving some history about the system 34 minutes is way too long imo. I'd say 15 minutes top would be acceptable.

I wonder if he mentions any of the emulators like NesterDC. That was an amazing piece of software back in the day. I could play NES roms right on my TV like playing a real NES! Too bad Super Nintendo never ran that well. Still waiting on the Dreamsnes update. Maybe this Christmas?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A Dreamcast with a nice, fresh laser.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:20 pm A Dreamcast with a nice, fresh laser.
Who needs a laser with all the SD card optical drive replacements they have nowadays! There is one big feature missing from those things though. They need to have a header for a little speaker that will play the REEEE RAWWWW RE RE RE RAWWWW of the disc drive when something is loading.