General Gaming Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
melancholy
Global Mod

Re: General Gaming Thread

Post by melancholy »

ian wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:22 pm So it’ll be more insanely priced than it should be, and it will sell out almost instantly with every single copy ending up on eBay the same day for 3 times the price.
So some of that is no longer true. The standard edition of games are preorder instead of limited quantities. Only the collector editions are limited. As for pricing, it’s usually about $15 more than the digital counterpart. You are paying LRG to take something that only exists digitally and put it on physical media. These developers don’t have a physical version baked into their costs like the big publishers do.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Shipping to Australia is quite high, which kills it a bit for us.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I am cautiously optimistic about this. I have been downright craving a new platformer, and the Nights vibe is definitely resonating with me. I just dread platformers that are overly filled with transforming power-ups. When done wrong, it makes the game feel like a never-ending tutorial since every stage introduces a new power-up you have to learn.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It looks pretty good.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

That game and it's graphics look familiar.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:19 pm

That game and it's graphics look familiar.
It looks like some game set in the future. Maybe it's a game where the characters fly around like jets while they grind on rails? :dontknow"

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

If I saw that when I was a teenager in the year 2000, I would have been SUPER EXCITED.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:15 am If I saw that when I was a teenager in the year 2000, I would have been SUPER EXCITED.
:olol: I'm a grown ass man and I'm excited RIGHT NOW :yep: Hook that simple action gameplay to my veins!

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

As long as it doesn’t control like complete garbage like the JSR series, then I’m on board.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

The controls are one of the reasons I didn't play JSR and JSRF more, so I agree.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

So have any of you tried Fall Guys? It’s free with PS+ and it’s addictive as hell. Only downside is that they didn’t anticipate the demand and the servers are pretty overwhelmed at the moment.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I was literally just looking at buying it on Steam, trying to see if I can find a cheaper version anyway (Humble, other sites, etc) but Steam seems the way to go right now.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I wish cross play was enabled, I would love to join up with you guys. This game has the additive nature of Splatoon in that literally anyone can play it and do well enough, and the matches are just short enough that you get stuck in the ‘one more game’ mentality really hard.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I'd imagine the latency would kill it for us playing though :(

But yeah this game is fun as hell. I bought it on Steam and setup Steam family sharing so if I'm not playing anything on my Steam account, my gf can play it on hers. I am trying to convince her to just buy her own copy though.

The servers are getting absolutely slammed!

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:47 pm I'd imagine the latency would kill it for us playing though :(

But yeah this game is fun as hell. I bought it on Steam and setup Steam family sharing so if I'm not playing anything on my Steam account, my gf can play it on hers. I am trying to convince her to just buy her own copy though.

The servers are getting absolutely slammed!
Uh, I'm going to have to buy this tonight. I just watched some videos and it looks fun as hell.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I’ve put 5 hours into it so far, but I’m literally the only person in my circle that has it on PS4. I feel like I’m going to be forced to buy a Steam copy.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

melancholy wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:17 pm I’ve put 5 hours into it so far, but I’m literally the only person in my circle that has it on PS4. I feel like I’m going to be forced to buy a Steam copy.
I've told about 8 people to check it out, half on PS4 half on PC. The ones who want it on Steam are like "looks fun, don't want to buy it for that price" the PS player are all "Hell yeah gimme that game free on PS+"

So I still can't play with people :olol: