General Gaming Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Skynet
Site Admin

Re: General Gaming Thread

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:51 am
Skynet wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:47 pm I'd imagine the latency would kill it for us playing though :(

But yeah this game is fun as hell. I bought it on Steam and setup Steam family sharing so if I'm not playing anything on my Steam account, my gf can play it on hers. I am trying to convince her to just buy her own copy though.

The servers are getting absolutely slammed!
Uh, I'm going to have to buy this tonight. I just watched some videos and it looks fun as hell.
If buying on Steam, at least if you don't like it you can refund it. But yeah, I've already got my moneys worth even with the short time I've played it :olol:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Skynet wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:31 pm
Skynet wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:47 pm I'd imagine the latency would kill it for us playing though :(

But yeah this game is fun as hell. I bought it on Steam and setup Steam family sharing so if I'm not playing anything on my Steam account, my gf can play it on hers. I am trying to convince her to just buy her own copy though.

Uh, I'm going to have to buy this tonight. I just watched some videos and it looks fun as hell.
If buying on Steam, at least if you don't like it you can refund it. But yeah, I've already got my moneys worth even with the short time I've played it :olol:
Fuck (and I can't stress this enough) FUCK the ragdoll physics of this game. :olol: I understand that they want the gameplay to be wacky and fun, but I don't like feeling out of control. Especially on those damn see saws. It reminds me when Smash Bros introduced random tripping in Brawl.

Block Party and the hex mini games are great though. I hope that they make an offline, split screen mode sometime.

I get the feeling this game is going to be around for a long while.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Fuck (and I can't stress this enough) FUCK the ragdoll physics of this game. :olol: I understand that they want the gameplay to be wacky and fun, but I don't like feeling out of control. Especially on those damn see saws. It reminds me when Smash Bros introduced random tripping in Brawl.

Block Party and the hex mini games are great though. I hope that they make an offline, split screen mode sometime.

Yeah the ragdoll can be frustrating for sure.

Did you buy it on steam? It wouldn't recognise my XB1 controllers on 2 PCs without me going into Steam big picture and forcing controller config or something, then it works fine with no big picture required.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Skynet wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Did you buy it on steam? It wouldn't recognise my XB1 controllers on 2 PCs without me going into Steam big picture and forcing controller config or something, then it works fine with no big picture required.
This tweet should be relevant to you then.

Still no word of when they will add control options to PS4, though. I need inverted analog controls.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

melancholy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:57 pm
Skynet wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:12 pm

This tweet should be relevant to you then.
That would have been nice last week, but a 1 time fix sorted it for both PCs anyway :olol:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:57 pm 👌 Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
Boy, that would've made me chuck my controller across the room :olol:

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

pixel wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:29 am
melancholy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:57 pm 👌 Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
I did that when I bounced off the crown not realizing I had to grab it.

But in related news, I got my first crown! My heart was racing as I pulled off an insane Hex-A-Gone run. It was amazing.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

melancholy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 am

But in related news, I got my first crown! My heart was racing as I pulled off an insane Hex-A-Gone run. It was amazing.
I need to play it more, I've come close to a crown but nothing yet :(

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 am

Nice :D I've gotten 3-4 eliminations away from winning a crown Hex-A-Gone. I think I prefer it to Fall Mountain because it's easier to recover on Hex-A-Gone than catch to someone who makes a perfect run through an obstacle course.
Skynet wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:40 pm I need to play it more, I've come close to a crown but nothing yet :(
I've made it close only twice :)

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

I did Fall Mountain and had the lead the entire way, tripped near the top and got overtaken. I was so pissed. I've been seconds away from a crown so many times now :olol:

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I got a Steam news update for Battlefield games on sale now!
EA have been busy, and I'll never let anyone shit on them for no effort games ever again, because according to Steam:
Battlefield V, Battlefield 1, Battlefield Hardline, battlefield 3 AND Battlefield 4 ALL released on June 12th 2020.
That is AMAZING... FIVE GAMES IN ONE DAY, and they've even put in pricing tiers as well!!!

Actually I will shit on EA, because Battlefield Bad company 2 (The only truly amazing Battlefield game since REAL Battlefield 2)
still costs $7.48 at 75% off...
FUCK UP EA! I got Bad company 2 on steam for like $14 a decade ago. LITERALLY A DECADE AGO... FUCK YOU IT STILL COSTS $29.95!!!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:51 pm I got a Steam news update for Battlefield games on sale now!
EA have been busy, and I'll never let anyone shit on them for no effort games ever again, because according to Steam:
Battlefield V, Battlefield 1, Battlefield Hardline, battlefield 3 AND Battlefield 4 ALL released on June 12th 2020.
That is AMAZING... FIVE GAMES IN ONE DAY, and they've even put in pricing tiers as well!!!

Actually I will shit on EA, because Battlefield Bad company 2 (The only truly amazing Battlefield game since REAL Battlefield 2)
still costs $7.48 at 75% off...
FUCK UP EA! I got Bad company 2 on steam for like $14 a decade ago. LITERALLY A DECADE AGO... FUCK YOU IT STILL COSTS $29.95!!!
Uh oh, EA is learning pricing tactics from Nintendo :uhoh: we're all fucked :frown:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Got my first crown on a white-knuckle match on Hex-a-Gone :winner:

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

STILL no crown and still get very close to getting one. I actually I thought I had my first yesterday but got overtaken right at the last few seconds. :(

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

It finally happened. I bought the game on Steam. Now I have to start all over, but at least I can finally play with people.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Strictly Limited Games to release 30th anniversary edition of Turrican

Full announcement planned for Gamescom 2020: Opening Night Live.

Strictly Limited Games is partnering with the original development team behind the 1990-released Turrican to release a “special 30th birthday edition” of the game, the publisher announced.

“After three decades in dormancy, we welcome the return of a true legend,” Strictly Limited Games said in a press release. “Developed by one of Europe’s greatest independent studios of all time, Factor 5’s Turrican series became one of the most acclaimed and well regarded video games of all time shortly after its release in 1990. Now, teaming up with the original development team, Strictly Limited Games is excited to bring back this legendary IP.”

An exclusive trailer and more about the 30th brithday edition will be announced during the Gamescom 2020: Opening Night Live stream on August 27 at 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET, which you will be able to watch on YouTube and Twitch. After the reveal, Strictly Limited Games will open pre-orders for the exclusive and limited editions via its online store.

Further details were not announced.

Source: Gematsu

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

PS+ & NSO won't be needed for online play.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »