PC Games General Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
melancholy
Global Mod

Re: PC Games General Thread

Post by melancholy »

Big Boss Man wrote:Yea, that would be cool thanks.
Key sent.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Great, thanks!

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Installing GTA 5 on my computer again.. Thank god I have the discs giving me a 55 GB head start.. Then I only have to download up to 63 GB plus whatever other updates there are..
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote:Installing GTA 5 on my computer again.. Thank god I have the discs giving me a 55 GB head start.. Then I only have to download up to 63 GB plus whatever other updates there are..
I even hate installing from disc. I have GTA 5 backed up onto another drive that just requires the latest update. When I can be bothered I'll replace it with the current one. That way if I need to format/reinstall Windows I can just start the download through R* Social, stop it, copy across the files and I'm done. Fuck waiting for discs again.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Skynet wrote:
ian wrote:Installing GTA 5 on my computer again.. Thank god I have the discs giving me a 55 GB head start.. Then I only have to download up to 63 GB plus whatever other updates there are..
I even hate installing from disc. I have GTA 5 backed up onto another drive that just requires the latest update. When I can be bothered I'll replace it with the current one. That way if I need to format/reinstall Windows I can just start the download through R* Social, stop it, copy across the files and I'm done. Fuck waiting for discs again.
I thought I'd be clever and let it download the next 8GB while I slept. About 1gb in there was a network error and it just stopped..
Instead of trying to start again like every other online updater.. it fucking sat there for 9 hours untill I told it to go again..

IT'S SHIT LIKE THIS THAT STOPS GAMING FROM BEING ENTERTAINING.. :rolleyes:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

ian wrote:
Skynet wrote:
I thought I'd be clever and let it download the next 8GB while I slept. About 1gb in there was a network error and it just stopped..
Instead of trying to start again like every other online updater.. it fucking sat there for 9 hours untill I told it to go again..

That's exactly why I have the backup. Fuck this shit.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Free GooCubelets: The Algoorithm Steam Keys
http://www.grabthegames.com/giveaway-fr ... -keys.html

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Hawq wrote:Free GooCubelets: The Algoorithm Steam Keys
http://www.grabthegames.com/giveaway-fr ... -keys.html
Wow, the mobile version of that site looks like a template ripped from Geocities.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Ubisoft have made all the free games they've given away over the past 6 months available again for the next few days.

https://club.ubisoft.com/en-GB/ubi30

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Cool finds Zoidy. Unfortunately the Ubi games aren't available now and Mass Effect isn't free either now. Is there like a RSS feed or something for this topic so I don't miss out on the free games?.

Edit Zoidy got autocorrected to Zooey lol

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man wrote:Cool finds Zoidy. Unfortunately the Ubi games aren't available now and Mass Effect isn't free either now. Is there like a RSS feed or something for this topic so I don't miss out on the free games?.
I usually see it at OzBargain.
Big Boss Man wrote:Edit Zoidy got autocorrected to Zooey lol
LOL

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Grid
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/grid ... wgaminggtg
100% free for another 1 day 22 hours 38 mins from time of post

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Cool, thanks Hawq.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:Cool finds Zoidy. Unfortunately the Ubi games aren't available now and Mass Effect isn't free either now. Is there like a RSS feed or something for this topic so I don't miss out on the free games?.
I usually see it at OzBargain.
Thanks Zoidy, have bookmarked the link. Must remember to check it regularly.

Slightly off topic but having a really irritating issue with the free Grid game. It won't accept the browser verification code on Chrome, Edge or Firefox. Maybe too many folks are trying to redeem the game?. I think it passed thru the merchant page so it's been 'purchased' just can't get a steam code for it yet.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Maybe try it later and hopefully it will work then.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Skynet wrote:
ian wrote:
Skynet wrote:

That's exactly why I have the backup. Fuck this shit.
GTA 5 is the absolute worst for updating. I rarely play it anymore but every once in a while I'll think "eh I'll fire up some GTA 5 and mess around for a bit" I then open it up to find it only needs a 300mb update, not too bad. Then after it downloads the 300mb update I find it has to download a 3gb update! By the time it is done updating I don't even feel like playing it anymore.

I'm gonna load it up right now just to see how much it has to download before I'd be able to play.........

Starting off downloading a 70mb update before I could even type in my login information. Then after logging in I'm greeted with a lovely 1GB update! So from the time I clicked on GTA 5 to the time I'd be playing it is around 1 hour :rolleyes:

UPDATE: After finishing the 1gb download it then started a 700mb download. Also it has stopped a few times due to "the update server not being available" so here I am about an hour and 15 minutes after I first posted this and still can't play! :rofl:

UPDATE2!: About 2 hours and 45 minutes from when I posted the first part of this post, the game is now ready to play! I admit I did pause it for a bit to do something else. Without doing that it would have been ready to play in only 2 hours! :whoa:

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Maybe try it later and hopefully it will work then.
Thanks it worked finally. I know they need security measures but its really infuriating when it won't work.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Mass Effect 2 is free again on Origin.

https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store/ ... rd-edition

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dirt Showdown is free at Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt ... -free-game