The Zelda Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

The Zelda Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Zelda Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

And here's the Nintendo Treehouse stream, which is currently showing Zelda. What a shock!

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Maybe I'm just burned out on Zelda, but that didn't look very fun. I'm kinda disappointed.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote:Maybe I'm just burned out on Zelda, but that didn't look very fun. I'm kinda disappointed.
I'm worried that Link is headed to Morrowind. I don't know if crafting/hunting is what Zelda needs.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

pixel wrote:
melancholy wrote:Maybe I'm just burned out on Zelda, but that didn't look very fun. I'm kinda disappointed.
I'm worried that Link is headed to Morrowind. I don't know if crafting/hunting is what Zelda needs.
I'm also concerned about how completely empty those environments looked. Its a big open world that doesn't look very alive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

My first thought was "meh" after watching the trailer, but after seeing more gameplay videos it looks alright. It's just not that exciting though when compared to some of the things Sony & MS showed.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hands-on Impressions

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

melancholy wrote: I'm also concerned about how completely empty those environments looked. Its a big open world that doesn't look very alive.
They mentioned that during the stream, towns, NPCs etc have been omitted from the demo to avoid leaking any spoilers regarding the story.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Best case scenario: The world is much bigger than Ocarina of Time. There's a story that naturally progresses with plenty of surprises. Gameplay has some good action to it, and uses traditional controls. Sword wagging was fun, but I think Breath of the Wild needs to simplify the nuts and bolts of the gameplay.

Link now has to craft his items, find food and other tasks. But these have to be intuitive. I can already imagine Nintendo added unnecessary menus and alerts. If the game stops completely each time I collect an apple or cook meat, that'll bog everything down. Gamers will have to learn these tasks, and Nintendo can't hold their hand through the whole game.

The interaction with the old man gives me hope that Nintendo will write in some good NPCs.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

You only get notifications after picking up new items, they mentioned that yesterday. Also the game is supposed to be x16 bigger than Twilight Princess.

"Apparently" Breath of the Wild was the most talked about game on social media. A lot of people seem to be really excited for this game, most of the tweets I came across though were talking about naked/shirtless Link.
I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

A lot of the stuff I saw was either "It looks amazing! I can't breathe! I'm crying!" or "Meh".

It's also not surprising it's the most talked about game overall. If you're a Playstation or Xbox fan there are lots of different things to choose from which would dilute the ranking of individual games. If you're a Wii U/NX fan, you've got one thing to talk about.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:A lot of the stuff I saw was either "It looks amazing! I can't breathe! I'm crying!" or "Meh".

It's also not surprising it's the most talked about game overall. If you're a Playstation or Xbox fan there are lots of different things to choose from which would dilute the ranking of individual games. If you're a Wii U/NX fan, you've got one thing to talk about.
Whoa whoa whoa, hey! There's plenty more coming from Nintendo!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, hey! There's plenty more coming from Nintendo!
Yeah I forgot about that. Looks like a blockbuster...

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Don't forget Colour Splash...

also Zelda Stampede:

I can't get no...

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I think this the least interested I've been for a Zelda game ever. It just looks so...not Zelda.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »