Retro Gaming Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Hawq
Site Admin

Re: Retro Gaming Thread

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I'm not falling for that shit again after a certain YouTuber calls literally every fucking game a hidden gem... Just gimme the gist of it.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Gamesack is not the same as Metal Jesus. Joe is a lot funnier and the games are underrated, not hidden.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Layer Section & Galactic Attack S-Tribute rated for PS4, Xbox One, and Switch in Taiwan

City Connection bringing back 1995-released shoot 'em up.

The Taiwan Digital Game Rating Committee has rated Layer Section & Galactic Attack S-Tribute for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch. It is published by City Connection.

Galactic Attack is a shoot ’em up released for Sega Saturn on September 14, 1995 in Japan. Ported by Ving, it is a console version of the Taito-developed arcade game RayForce. While it was released as Galactic Attack in the west, it was titled Layer Selection in Japan.

Layer Section & Galactic Attack S-Tribute has yet to be officially announced by City Connection.

Source: Gematsu

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Over the last few years, we've looked at Electronic Gaming Monthly's reviews from just about every way possible. We've counted down the best and worst-reviewed going year by year, we've listed every Game of the Month winner, we've gone over every single launch game, we've turned their award show into an Oscar-style telecast and we've even dedicated full episodes to classic franchises like Castlevania and Metroid. But for as exhaustive as we've been, there are two issues that we have yet to talk about. The first is the 1989 Buyer's Guide, which launched February 1989, only three months before the second magazine we're going to talk about today, Electronic Gaming Monthly's very first issue.

Let's take look at the games they reviewed in these first two issues. There's no way to rank these games with a proper countdown, so we'll split them up using the Hit meter and see what the editors had to say about the reviews that came before the Review Crew.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

could also fit the sony thread I guess but it is retro so..

PS5 shaped knock ff famiclone type thing, the sheels nice & like that guy says could make a good home for a Pi or similar devoce

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:44 pm
ian wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:20 pm I'm not falling for that shit again after a certain YouTuber calls literally every fucking game a hidden gem... Just gimme the gist of it.
Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 pm Gamesack is not the same as Metal Jesus. Joe is a lot funnier and the games are underrated, not hidden.
He's spot on with Rage Racer, we had that game growing up so I'm really fond of it. It's got problems, but it's pretty good if not for the soundtrack

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

well its a nice comarison of versions though the does for some reason identify the multi headed dogs as a bul rather than the correct identification as it is clearly Cerberus

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »