The Emulation Thread

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: The Emulation Thread

Post by ian »

It's smoother.
I don't have a full on spreadsheet like I would usually do for any given claim.
It's not even a matter of slowdown or problems or glitches or the odd lag spike, the game is just smoother.

Here is MY complete collection of wipeout games:
IMG_0636.JPG
As most of you know I'm not afraid to sell games when I'm done, and don't do the whole 'I OWN EVERY GAME FOR EVERY SYSTEM' bullshit

I own a select few games for a select few systems, and wipeout on Saturn is just better than it was on PS1, hence me owning that version (even if the soundtrack wasn't as good on Saturn since it was missing the Chemical Brothers)
Also, that picture must drive fanboys FUCKING CRAZY!!!
one of these days I'll have to try the Saturn 2097 to compare to the PS1 version... Of course I will kepp the better game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:50 pm
pixel wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:50 amfour good games, several horrendous PS1 ports, and a sea of unremarkable JRPGs.
Sure sounds like the Saturn to me! :olol:

But the one saving grace is that Saturn Wipeout was better than PS1 and N64 wipeout.
:rofl: The prospect of an SD card mod is definitely tempting but I doubt my old Saturn powers up.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Saturn power supplies are easy to fix if it doesn't power up. Still better than emulating.
Saturn emulation still sucks ass.
Of every single console ever made over 10+ years old, only 2 can't be emulated to an acceptable degree... Saturn and Xbox.

It's a REALLY good thing that the Saturn and Xbox can be picked up, fixed and modded cheap still.
I currently have a pseudo saturn cart. Cost me $60, I can still burn CD's and they play properly. but having an SD mod would make life easier!

When Saturn and Xbox emulation is 100% (like EVERY other console/computer of the past 40 years) it will be worth it, but untill that day.. HOLD ON TO YOUR SATURN AND XBOX!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:57 pm Saturn emulation still sucks ass.
It's not that bad these days.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

PS4 emulator Spine

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

My RCM jig arrived for my Switch this weekend, so I gave Yuzu a try on my RTX 2060. Pokemon Shield runs at a chunky 14 fps :olol: It's crazy to see a current system and commercial games "running" in emulation

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

I wonder how much they Cemu team has made so far? They are currently still getting over $5,000 a month on patreon. When everybody was wanting BOTW to be playable they were getting around $30,000 a month!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

With recent accuracy improvements to RPCS3, LittleBigPlanet 1 is now playable! While graphics and performance were already great, recent improvements have addressed the physics issues that previously plagued this title. With that in mind, you might be wondering about LittleBigPlanet 2 and 3 as well - they are also very close to being playable... However there are still some minor issues that may prevent you from finishing the games, although some users have reported workarounds that can be used to bypass these issues.

As mentioned in the video, users who wish to play disc versions of LittleBigPlanet 1 need to update the game to the latest version to get past the first loading screen.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Metal Gear Online being played on RPCS3 against other players. FPS averages around 40fps which isn't great but not much different to how it is on an actual PS3. For the most part it's playable. The only problems are Camo isn't rendered correctly so you can see the sneaking team in TSNE or Snake in SNE, and the game can also randomly crash.

This build differs a slight bit from the main RPCS3 build and Rajkosto's branch so it's not currently possible to play MGO on those.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

FUCK, that's amazing!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

In June kd-11 finished working on two change-sets which fixed graphical issues across multiple AAA titles such as MGS4, the Ratchet & Clank Future games, Resistance 1 & 2, all the inFamous games... and a whole lot more. This even fixed Metal Gear Solid 4's shadows which previously regressed.