New to VR looking for reccomendations

A forum for video games, new & retro, on consoles, computers, handheld & mobile. Also for tech talk, things like PC parts, phones etc.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

New to VR looking for reccomendations

Post by Calavera »

I recently got an Oculus Quest 2 and I'm really enjoying it. So I'm curious as to what was your best VR experience? I've mainly only done roller coasters and some LA Noire lol so I'm not deep into it yet.

Skynet
Site Admin

Re: New to VR looking for reccomendations

Post by Skynet »

I have a racing rig with steering wheel, pedals and shifter. I've recently moved, so when I can be bothered setting up the VR headset again the idea is I'll be doing VR racing.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: New to VR looking for reccomendations

Post by Calavera »

Skynet wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:16 pm I have a racing rig with steering wheel, pedals and shifter. I've recently moved, so when I can be bothered setting up the VR headset again the idea is I'll be doing VR racing.
That will be cool, you should post some pics of your setup once it is done. I've just got Forza Horizon 5 and was hoping it would have VR support but it has none. I'd like to try a good VR racing game since in a racing game I can stay seated and not have to move around.

My problem atm is that I don't have a ton of room where my PC is set up to do VR. Apparently the Quest 2 can connect wirelessly to the PC so the game would be running on my PC but I could go to a different area with more room. I haven't tried this yet as they reccomend a 5ghz wireless connection. I've got an older router that is only 2.4ghz. I guess I should at least try it with the 2.4 and see if it is usable.

The annoying thing is that I have a newer router that does 5ghz but I can't find the damn thing anywhere!

*update. I ended up using an Apple Airport Extreme router I had laying around. It is working great and now I can play VR games running on my computer from anywhere in the house!