Wrestling Mod

Re: TNA/Impact Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

She will definitely be in WWE.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

I think Scarlett would be better off in AEW and she's been on BTE before so I assume she knows and/or is friendly with the guys. In WWE she would have been a good addition in the Attitude Era but now Scarlett's gimmick would have to be toned down to the PG level.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

She'd have to tone down her wardrobe, but she's more what WWE wants. AEW is pushing serious women's wrestling with talented wrestlers. She's more of a Alexa Bliss type than someone who is going to put on a match with the Joshi wrestlers Omega wants a lot of in AEW. WWE is already phasing out their push of serious women's wrestling with Becky cooling off and Lacey Evans getting a huge push. The rumor is Dana Warrior was put in charge of the creative for women after Wrestlemania and she's more about entertainment than what the women were doing in 2018. Kenny Omega is a huge fan of women's wrestling and is said to be pushing hard for them to not do any Divas stuff (besides Brandi who will always do it to cover up she's terrible in the ring) and have as serious workrate matches as the stuff he's doing.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Scarlett had to go guys. She had charisma and was getting over and TNA couldn't have that!

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I like Harry Smith, but how dumb do you have to be to quit New Japan because you want to work for Impact so bad. It's a much better promotion than it was 3 years ago, but they're doing 12,000 viewers on cable. More Americans are watching New Japan livestreams at 3am than that.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Gedo will be thrilled.

I'd be able to finally see Impact again if they move. I heard they're under 10,000 people in TV Ratings now because nobody gets that channel. New Japan does around 200,000 viewers in a bad timeslot and showing matches most of their fan base saw already.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

"Remember when all of these people now in WWE were here? Now 5 people and a dog watch us in America."

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Johnny Impact announced he won't re-sign. I can't imagine he'd go back to WWE since he has personal animosity towards Vince. AEW needs to cool it on signing WWE guys since the pushes of Jericho, Moxley and Spears are too much. But if he did go he could definitely do some good matches with their roster.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

I was gonna go through the show Slammiversary but my regular thought of 'I enjoyed it more than the last WWE offering' I saw remains true after watching this as well, a few thoughts come to mind:
Eddie Edwards v Killer Kross - no way would WWE do this one these days even with the aim of being less PG not, poor Kenny your sacrifice was not in vain. Also good a bit later in the show was a fans "You killed Kenny" shirt which was a nice touch
RVD v Moose - tamer than expected but fun
Knockouts monsters ball - Very fun, not as brutal as some past ones maybe but I still had a massive smile on my face
Sami Callihan v Tessa Blanchard - Honestly wasnt sure which way they were going till the end & thats a damn good sign when watching wrestling, good choice to make this the main event rather than the heavyweight title (which was fun but how many times has one of those been the main event) gonna be intersecting to see if they continue to run with this one or not as Sami seemed to show some respect afterwards

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:56 am Johnny Impact announced he won't re-sign. I can't imagine he'd go back to WWE since he has personal animosity towards Vince. AEW needs to cool it on signing WWE guys since the pushes of Jericho, Moxley and Spears are too much. But if he did go he could definitely do some good matches with their roster.
I think he'd be a good pick up for AEW but like you say they can't keep pushing ex WWE guys too much. However if they keep him in the mid card then that would be fine.

Kross, LAX, Cage, Rosemary, Tessa & Sami would be signings I would definitely consider bringing in, plus Don on announcing. Scarlett too, but more so in an onscreen Sunny type role where she can have an interview segment to introduce the more newer wrestlers to the audience each week.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Slammiversary only did 1,500 buys.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Considering how many people watch Impact these days, that's not so bad.

They really need to get back on Spike.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

True, that's probably a 10% of the audience buyrate, which would be 250,000 for WWE.

And their key market now is England that get the shows for free IIRC.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

And their key market now is England that get the shows for free IIRC.
We did for a long time, the One Night Only events were specifically to fulfil their TV contract when they were on Challenge if I'm correct. But when they signed a new contract a few years back with 5spike it only included the weekly Impact show. However their Impact UK Facebook page announced:

The Fight Network UK will be broadcasting the event (Slammiversary) this coming Saturday, July 13th, at 9pm completely free of charge.

They air Impact on TFNUK too which is free to air on Satellite TV.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

finally got round to Digital Destruction last night & apart from a few technical issues such as the sound going out at times it was pretty fun, gotta love the crowds reaction to one guy answering the question of "who wants my blow pop" from Joey Ryan instantly chanting upon him taking it "you got herpes" only for Joey to add "its a possibility, you might wanna get cheacked" (or words to that effect) not the greatest show but decent & that bit did amuse me

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They absolutely do not have that kind of money.