TV Shows: Renewed, Axed, Picked Up + News

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: TV Shows: Renewed, Axed, Picked Up + News

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Just saw a new season of Paradise PD is out!

If netflix hadn't of cancelled their crown jewel I'd be a subsciber, and I wouldn't have to find OTHER MEANS to watch it.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

'Star Trek: Voyager' gets an unofficial 4K remaster thanks to AI

Please state the nature of your upscaling emergency.

As with Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager is unlikely to ever get an official high-resolution remaster. The effects were shot on video rather than added to film after the fact, making it much harder to upgrade the quality than it was for The Next Generation. However, an unofficial project might get relatively close. Series fan Billy Reichard has started processing Voyager with a machine learning program that upgrades that '90s era image quality as much as possible. You won't forget that the show was made for tube TVs given the aspect ratio, but the AI is surprisingly effective -- it produces something you probably wouldn't mind watching on an idle afternoon if you're a Star Trek devotee.

The effort is time-consuming at about six hours for an episode, and the necessary software is both expensive and tricky to work with. Voyager had variable frame rates that make audio sync a pain, as you can see in the sample clip below. It could be a long, long time before you can see Janeway and crew in 4K glory. Still, Reichard hopes to give every episode the AI treatment. Just don't count on CBS sanctioning this, let alone making it officially available.

Source: Engadget

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I think what America needs more than anything right now is the new season of the Boondocks.

I wish it would hurry up.

Please.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

That would be awesome :olol:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Without John Witherspoon it won't be the same. Although his son does a good impression of him and could fill in, but he still won't fill his shoes. You can never copy John Witherspoon because he was one of a kind.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Sad.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:38 pm
Yeah, that's dumb. I'm against any form of delistings or limited-time access on digital platforms. A company's entire catalog should be available at any time either with or without a subscription. HBO, Warner Bros., and Disney all use disclaimers at the start of the program to highlight the unsavory bits and then the program plays without edits. That's a great compromise, but I don't know whether Fawlty Towers would need something like that.
Ehhhh ... I never bought into that classic Seinfeld argument about college campuses. I don't think it's a coincidence that comedians who criticize college kids for being overly sensitive are often over the age of 60. Could it be that young people don't find old comedy very funny?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

African Americans: Can you help us stop police for murdering us for no reason?

Privileged White People: That's a lot of work. What if I just stayed home and got Paw Patrol, Live PD and some British shows nobody even watches here banned?

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

pixel wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:58 pm
Yeah, that's dumb. I'm against any form of delistings or limited-time access on digital platforms. A company's entire catalog should be available at any time either with or without a subscription. HBO, Warner Bros., and Disney all use disclaimers at the start of the program to highlight the unsavory bits and then the program plays without edits. That's a great compromise, but I don't know whether Fawlty Towers would need something like that.
Ehhhh ... I never bought into that classic Seinfeld argument about college campuses. I don't think it's a coincidence that comedians who criticize college kids for being overly sensitive are often over the age of 60. Could it be that young people don't find old comedy very funny?

Seinfeld peaked before those kids were even born. But do you think Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle and Dave Attell, who are also old farts who echoed what Jerry said aren't funny anymore?

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

looks like the perfect time to set up a string of comedy speakeasy, if people are freacking out over the Germans episode how long til they demand it all comes down due to Manuel's accent & frequently being smacked around?

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:13 amSeinfeld peaked before those kids were even born. But do you think Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle and Dave Attell, who are also old farts who echoed what Jerry said aren't funny anymore?
Me personally? I think they're still good acts, but they aren't the leading comedians out there with a fresh take like they were in the 90s and 00s. Chappelle is still a quality stand-up comedian, but his new stuff is stodgier coming from a man in his 40s. It's great stuff for me, my parents, and everyone else who have followed his whole career. He stopped here after his first Netflix special went live and had to book at least a second show in my little city of 200,000 because he was so popular. All of them should keep performing because they have material that we want to hear.

In Jerry's case, I think it's weird for a guy in his sixties (who can book Caesar's Palace or MSG) should be worried about what jokes land on a college campus. I also think any argument about kids being too "X" or not "Y" enough is disingenuous, especially over something like comedy. It seems lazy to grief over what the 18-22 year olds think, and I'm fine with college campuses not being the arbiter of comedy for the whole country.

This kind of thing happened to Milton Berle and Jerry Lewis, so I'm not sure why these guys think this is a new phenomenon. Is it annoying? Sure, but I don't think there's a solution to making college kids like Jerry Seinfeld more unless he changes his content.

Tom Wopat and John Schneider have a much more compelling argument over cancel culture and political correctness, as Amazon consider taking Dukes of Hazzard down from IMDBtv. :olol:

Sidenote: It's weird to see people 10 years younger than us shitting on Seinfeld on Facebook. It's my favorite show of all-time, maybe tied with The Simpsons. I don't trust any media company to keep anything available on their streaming platforms, so I have a disc or digital copy of the things I know I want to keep.