Creme Savers are coming back!

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Creme Savers are coming back!

Post by Calavera »

Creme Savers make their grand return after 10 years

The 10-year void in the hearts of candy lovers and the purses of grandmothers is being filled with the return of Creme Savers.

The famous treat is back after a decade of being discontinued to supply candy dishes and satisfy the sweet tooth of those who remember them from their youth. The famous hard candy will return to shelves in mid-September at all 1,414 Big Lots locations across 47 states, according to a press release.

Source

The odd thing about it is that they will only be at Big Lots. That just seems like a strange store to be the sole seller of them. I could see something like Dollar General maybe but would have never guessed Big Lots.

So unfortunately all our Australian and other non US members won't be able to get them. :ocry: But if you really want them and don't mind paying to ship them I would be more than happy to send you some!

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Creme Savers are coming back!

Post by pixel »

Big Lots is definitely an interesting choice, we had one for a few years before it closed and got replaced by an Aldi

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Calavera wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:30 pm So unfortunately all our Australian and other non US members won't be able to get them.
I'm sure we have something similar anyway. Plus we have shops that import US and Euro foods so it could make it's way over here.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:18 pm I'm sure we have something similar anyway. Plus we have shops that import US and Euro foods so it could make it's way over here.
Something similar can't compare to the original Creme Savers! The nostalgia factor alone makes them taste twice as good as a similar product! :olol:

The Dollar Tree has had a similar product for years now

I buy them every now and again and they are pretty good. I'm interested to see how different the real Creme Savers are.

I remember we used to always have a big bowl of Creme Savers at my house with the Strawberry,Orange and Chocolate flavors. I remember eating them the first time I ever played through Final Fantasy 7. I also remember eating them back when I was obsessed with the TV show Reboot. I remember it was around that time that I found online that there was a ReBoot game for the PS1. I was super excited and had to order it right away! When it finally came in the mail and I opened it up and popped it in I have to say I was pretty dissapointed. My biggest disappointment was that the zipboards didn't even fly! In the show they flew all over the place on zipboards. In the game you are on a zipboard the entire time but it acts like a hoverboard from Back to the Future instead of a zipboard. I eventually found a Gameshark code that allowed you to actually fly on the boards and that helped a little but overall the game was pretty lame.

When turning a TV show into a video game the best choice imo is to make it an adventure game like the Back to the Future Telltale adventure game. That is about the only way to really turn a show into a game and keep what people like about the show. Otherwise it ends up being a generic game with the shows characters added in.

Well I went a bit off-topic as usual but those are my nostalgic Creme Saver memories. :osmile:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

:olol:

Your story reminds me when we first got a SNES and the big candy of the time was Warheads. I wasn't a massive fan of them but my brother bought a box of them and I remember eating them while playing stuff like Contra 3 and Super Ghouls And Ghosts.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I hope I can get them. I remember my very first job working CVS and Creme Savers would sell the same day they came off the truck. We never had them in stock, they would always sell out.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:28 pm :olol:

Your story reminds me when we first got a SNES and the big candy of the time was Warheads. I wasn't a massive fan of them but my brother bought a box of them and I remember eating them while playing stuff like Contra 3 and Super Ghouls And Ghosts.
Wow I haven't thought about Warheads since the early 90s. They're still made but it felt like they kind of just disappeared after 1994.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Warheads were really popular for a little while but then people just went off them. Just a fad, and nobody is really that nostalgic for them.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:11 am I hope I can get them. I remember my very first job working CVS and Creme Savers would sell the same day they came off the truck. We never had them in stock, they would always sell out.
The article said they were coming back sometime in mid September but I was just at Big Lots the other day and they still didn't have them. They aren't on the website nor are there any on Ebay, because you know people will be trying to sell them for a higher price on Ebay. So idk whats going on with them.