The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
ian
Null Dream Team

Re: The Junk Food/Fast Food Thread

Post by ian »

melancholy wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:51 am
ian wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:25 am With that burger, I have to ask the question: do you Americans even know how to be fat?

It sure doesn’t look like you know what being fat is.
No offence...
Don’t judge it by our corporate fast food restaurants. Judge it by our local State fairs.
I look forward to you covering one of such events.
(Honestly, you doing a write up of one would be amazing)

In other news that I am sure Orange Ribbon could understand: The other day I bought a family value pack of Tim Tams (2 normal packets in one)
They were gone in one sitting, Tim Tams need a health warning on them. I can stop smoking any time I feel like it for weeks and months at a time without so much as a second thought, but once I’ve had a single Tim Tam I won’t stop until they are all gone. Much like Pringles! Have a single one of them, and the next thing you know the whole packet is gone 3 minutes later.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Gross. :puke:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Iowa is famous for taking junk food way too far.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So I was gonna order some junk food the other day and noticed Snoop Dogg is selling menulog.
FUCK THAT!!
I've never used Menulog, and I never will probably... But I WOULD use Menudogg, or Snoop menu.
I want to live in a world where Snoop dogg reads out my order.
"Yo NIGGER, you've ordered an ultimate whopper with 2 big macs and a 12 piece nugget combo and a large vanilla coke"

I'd pay $25 for the order, A max of $10 for delivery and $15 for Snoop Dogg to TELL me that order...

The fact I would pay more for Snoop to read out my order than I would for it to be delivered should be noted by him/his management.
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Kentucky Fried Donuts will be available in Australia next week.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That does not look appetizing.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yep, it doesn't look nice. It also looks like half of it will fall out while eating it.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

I would totally eat that. I love Subway meatball subs, so if it ever launched outside China, I would totally try one.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I'm really bummed out that I'll probably never have another meatball sub from Quiznos. Always got one with a bag of Sunchips and a raspberry iced tea.

I picked up a pack of Tim Tams the other week, and I'm a convert. :olol: Some of the best cookies I've had in a long while. I tried to track down some Marmite yesterday, so I ordered a jar off Amazon.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I'm not.opposed to meat ball subs, they can be good if you get one from the right place. Its just that I see that being a sloppy mess on a hamburger bun like sloppy Joes. And the meat doesn't look good, it looks like diarrhea.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

I think Quiznos cut the meatballs in half or something, because I remember they had at least one flat side. Whatever they did made their meatball sub much easier to eat than other places. I remember their buns being thicker and crunchier from the toasting, so I'm sure that helped too.

We ate Quiznos at least once a month on average from ~1998-2005 and I remember I didn't order a meatball two or three times. I really miss that sandwich. :ocry:

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Quiznos had a bunch of locations in my area and is now down to one. It turns out advertising your restaurant with rats is a terrible idea.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Don't you dare besmirch the rats!! This is art

Quiznos flew too close to the sun and fucked up with their franchising fees. And I'll tell you what, those last few remaining Quiznos are rough.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

pixel wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:30 amI picked up a pack of Tim Tams the other week, and I'm a convert. :olol: Some of the best cookies I've had in a long while. I tried to track down some Marmite yesterday, so I ordered a jar off Amazon.
Oreos are cookies, Tim Tams are Chocolate Biscuits.
And how good are they? We kind of take them for granted here, because we’ve had them for so long and in such quantities that they practically give them away.

Even the shit varieties of Tim Tams are still good, that’s how good they are.

Also you mean Vegemite right? RIGHT?
(There’s not a huge difference to be honest, but if you try and say that to people, they are likely to throw a jar of their preferred yeast extract at your head, and the jars are mostly made out of glass, so be careful judging one and calling it something else)
If you end up hating it, just combine it on toast with a lot of butter and cheese and you’ll be right.
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:00 am
pixel wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:30 amI picked up a pack of Tim Tams the other week, and I'm a convert. :olol: Some of the best cookies I've had in a long while. I tried to track down some Marmite yesterday, so I ordered a jar off Amazon.
Oreos are cookies, Tim Tams are Chocolate Biscuits.
Nah, cookies is cookies. Biscuits are an inch tall and come with sausage gravy in these here parts.
ian wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:00 am And how good are they?
They aren't like anything we have in the states. They taste more like a chocolate bar like a Kit Kat, but with a more substantial cookie/biscuit middle. Cheap U.S. chocolate has more an acidic (vomit) flavor, so it's nice to find cheaper chocolate treats that have a smoother taste.
ian wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:00 am Also you mean Vegemite right? RIGHT?
Sadly no :orazz: I watched this recent bangers and mash recipe from Adam Ragusea which uses Marmite for the gravy:

I've never tried yeast extract before, so I figured this would be a good start. Amazon says it'll be delivered today :hyper:

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Yeah, Marmite raw tasted almost what I expected to be. A little too funky that way, but it makes a banging sauce/gravy.

I used to live in a town with a yeast plant, so it gives me some nostalgia for that and the movie Gentlemen Broncos. :olol:

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

pixel wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:30 am I picked up a pack of Tim Tams the other week, and I'm a convert. :olol: Some of the best cookies I've had in a long while.
The real question is this: have you tried a Tim Tam Slam?

https://firstwefeast.com/eat/2014/10/ho ... m-tam-slam

That's just the first link I found but I saw this line "an exotic brand of biscuits called Arnott’s Tim Tams." I would never in my life think Tim Tams were exotic :rofl2:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It should be "a very average brand of biscuits called Arnott’s Tim Tams."

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 pm It should be "a very average brand of biscuits called Arnott’s Tim Tams."
The brand is average. The biscuit is delicious