Celebrity Death Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Celebrity Death Thread

Post by melancholy »

OMFG, I forgot all about that scene. :olol:

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Meat Loaf Dies: ‘Bat Out Of Hell’ Singer & ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Actor Was 74

Meat Loaf, the hardworking singer and actor whose Bat Out of Hell is one of the best-selling albums ever and who played Eddie in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, has died. He was 74.

The Grammy winner born Marvin Lee Aday died Thursday night with his wife Deborah by his side, Meat Loaf’s longtime agent Michael Greene told Deadline on behalf of the family. He added that the singer’s daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends also had a chance to spend time with him and say their goodbyes during the last 24 hours. A cause of death is not being released.

“We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man,” Meat Loaf’s family said in a statement. “From his heart to your souls…don’t ever stop rocking!”

Written and produced by Jim Steinman, Meat Loaf’s Bat Out of Hell is among the 35 best-selling albums in U.S. history, racking up 14 million units sold, per the RIAA. Its singles “Two of Three Ain’t Bad” and “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” — which peaked at No. 11 and No. 39 on the Billboard Hot 100, respectively — both were certified platinum in 2018.

“Paradise by the Dashboard Light” — a duet with Ellen Foley, who went on to star in Season 1 of Night Court — famously features longtime New York Yankees announcer “calling the action” as the teenage narrator makes a move on his girlfriend. Watch the video for the song below, with Karla DeVito lip-synching the “Stop right there!” role. She then went on tour with Meat Loaf to support the album.

Meat Loaf and Steinman also collaborated on the 1993 album Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell, which has sold more than 5 million units in the U.S. alone. Its platinum lead single “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)” spent five weeks at No. 1 in late 1993, by far Meat Loaf’s biggest hit. He also won the Grammy for Best Rock Performance, Solo. Steinman died last year.

Meat Loaf has sold more 100 million albums worldwide. His 1980s LPs Dead Ringer and Bad Attitude sold moderately stateside, but 1995’s Welcome to the Neighborhood made the Top 20 and went platinum. He taped an episode of VH1’s Storytellers that was released as an album in 1999.

Meat Loaf also sang lead on several tracks for Ted Nugent’s million-selling 1976 album Free-for-All.

But before Bat Out of Hell and the rest, there was The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Meat Loaf all but stole the 1975 film version of the stage musical as Eddie, a wild and wildly unlucky ex-delivery boy who belts out the hard-rocking “Hot Patootie” before meeting a difficult end. The movie, which also starred Susan Sarandon and Tim Curry, has become an all-time cult classic. Its soundtrack also hit the Top 50 and is certified gold. Meat Loaf also played the Eddie role onstage.

His other screen credits include the features Roadie, Motorama, Leap of Faith and Americathon. He also appeared in several episodes of the 2017-18 series Ghost Wars.

Last year, Meat Loaf sealed a deal to develop a relationship competition series based on “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That).” He was executive producer on the project and was set to appear as, per the logline, the ethereal figure behind the madness who would pull the strings in the show. Couples were to compete in a variety of comedic physical games designed to reveal how well they can work together and how much they really trust and believe in each other – all to a soundtrack of classic hits, performed live in studio by the original artists as well as new stars.

Here is Meat Loaf performing “Paradise by the Dashboard Light”:

Source: Deadline

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

2022 is coming out swinging I see. :(

Meatloaf fueled my teenage angst. RIP Big man.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Meatloaf lovers should check out Planet Rock Sunday & Monday, though many here will need to liten online
20:00 Sun Meat Loaf: My Planet Rocks Special
As tribute to the late Meat Loaf, we present a special show of highlights from the times we spoke to him at Planet Rock over the years.
23:00 Mon Planet Rock Plays It In Full: Meat Loaf
In tribute to the late great Meat Loaf, we're playing his epic 'Bat Out Of Hell' album in its entirety, uninterrupted.
If theres anything beyond this lfe its got one hell of a band which just got a new member

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dave and Evolution are underrated.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

One of the best singers ever. Also a true bad ass. Liam Gallagher was still afraid of him until today over getting his wrath on tour in 1996.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Back To School was one of my favorite comedies growing up back when USA Network used to play it in the mid 90s.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Aww.
Bandit wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:21 am Back To School was one of my favorite comedies growing up
Back to school is still one of my favourite comedies. It wasn't the best of it's era, or even the best of Dangerfield, but it's still a funny movie and I watch it every few years.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Good guy apart from the whole rapist thing.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ocelot wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:34 am Good guy apart from the whole rapist thing.
My epitaph.