So Christmas is less than 2 weeks away...

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

So Christmas is less than 2 weeks away...

Post by Calavera »

Will this finally be the year? Will we get a new release of DreamSNES? Maybe Super Punch-Out will run at 75 percent speed with frameskipping and no sound!

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: So Christmas is less than 2 weeks away...

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

In all seriousness though if they did release the next version of DreamSNES and it ran all SNES games at 100 percent speed and had nearly 100 percent compatibility would anybody even care? At this point if a fullspeed N64 emulator was released for the DC I'd probably never use it. I'd watch a video of somebody else running it and think "hmm thats neat"

Oh Dreamcast emulation, you were once so amazing. I was thrilled to be able to play NES games on my TV using NesterDC. It was just like playing them on the original console to me. I even used the Genesis emulator here and there even with it's terrible sound. Then Xbox emulation game around and that was the end of any interest in emulating on the Dreamcast. Almost immediately the Xbox had near perfect NES,SNES,Genesis+Sega CD and N64 emulators. Even today over 18 years since the Xbox was released it is still a very good option for an emulation box. The component cables allow the games to look good even on a new flatscreen and excellent on a CRT. Emulation on the Dreamcast may not have stayed popular for very long but for a few years in the early 2000s it was king. The best emulator that could have really kept the system going was Bleemcast, but we all know how that ended.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I don't think too many people would care. There's no point in using emus on the DC anymore, there are a lot of cheaper and easier to use options now.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:34 pm I don't think too many people would care. There's no point in using emus on the DC anymore, there are a lot of cheaper and easier to use options now.
Yeah, I'm over here rambling on about using a modded Xbox when even that is really outdated. Nowadays all these youngins are using some kind of pies to emulate. Who would have ever thought we would get to the point where a damn dessert item can emulate a Super Nintendo!