Moderators: Imagination, szchinagoshop

Forum rules
ian
Null Dream Team

Black Friday!

Post by ian » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:46 pm

Black friday. Friday.
Gotta have sales on Friday.
Everybody's looking forward to the savings.

I've not spent anything this year. And it's not because of some anti corporate wanker hipster ideology... It's just there's nothing on sale.

Remember when black friday had deals worth trampling children for?

Remember when black friday made fat, short, single mothers the fastest people on earth?

I mean, I'd line up for a GTX 3080 at $699... not getting out of bed for a fucking 3060 for a grand though.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Black Friday!

Post by Dr. Zoidberg » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:05 pm

I bought some Pokemon cards and some wrestling cards.

I might get some Eneloops as well.

That's it.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:42 pm

I bought an Amazon 4K Fire stick Max for a grand total of AU$33.10

I also bought Launchbox for US$45 https://www.launchbox-app.com/premium Curse you ETA Prime for making me want to buy it!

Then just some alcohol, but that wasn't on any kind of a discount, but I am getting 15% cashback via Cash Rewards :olol:

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:21 am

I got the 99 cent a month Hulu subscription. Still not worth it.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:05 am

Hulu has letterkenny these days doesn't it? so that might be worth the price of admission.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Roofus
Slippin' Jimmy

Post by Roofus » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:45 pm

ian wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:05 am
Hulu has letterkenny these days doesn't it? so that might be worth the price of admission.
My friend mentioned that. I just don't like that it has as many ads as regular TV. I don't mind a preroll (Ok, I do but I gave up that fight) but the one show I watched after signing up had 5 ad breaks.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:28 pm

Skynet wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:42 pm

I also bought Launchbox for US$45 https://www.launchbox-app.com/premium Curse you ETA Prime for making me want to buy it!

Then just some alcohol, but that wasn't on any kind of a discount, but I am getting 15% cashback via Cash Rewards :olol:
So is Launchbox just a pretty front end? Or does it actually have emulators with preconfigured game settings? I don’t care about pretty, but I’d pay money for an interface that already has settings for every game I throw into it preconfigured to run perfectly.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:45 pm

melancholy wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:28 pm
Skynet wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:42 pm

So is Launchbox just a pretty front end? Or does it actually have emulators with preconfigured game settings? I don’t care about pretty, but I’d pay money for an interface that already has settings for every game I throw into it preconfigured to run perfectly.
Haven't had the time to muck around with it at the moment. I think the paid version just gives you more prettiness to it, compared to the free. The newest release has retroarch built in apparently, so if you're like me and absolutely hate the UI that is retroarch, it might be worth the free version just for that.