General Music News

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: General Music News

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

At a Californian show in 2001, Charlize Theron and Duran Duran’s John Taylor, both friends, were standing outside his dressing room. He invited them in, but a clearly disgusted Theron told him, “Andy Dick’s in there. It’s not nice.”

When he entered, Moby found the comedian “perched on a table with his pants down around his ankles, squatting over a vegan end-of-tour cake that my managers had given me.”

A group of his friends were standing around the table and chanting, “Poop! Poop! Poop!” Moby simply grabbed some beers for himself and his friends and casually left Dick to tend to his business.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

And they went on to inspire a generation of UK rappers.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

How boring was 1987 in England if that was news? They weren't even the most controversial band in America at the time. You had Slayer pretending to be Satan worshippers and people claiming encouraging fans to commit animal sacrifice, 2 Live Crew getting blow jobs during concerts, Public Enemy scaring the shit out of white people, Dead Kennedys on trial in California for obscenities, Ice-T rapping about selling drugs. Beasties just had the giant dick balloon thing.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

The Daily Mirror made up an article about how they mocked some terminally ill kids with leukemia while they were in Switzerland, so there was a lot of outrage around with MPs and the like saying they should be banned from the UK.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

People believed the story that much? It was so obviously bullshit. For starters, who would have invited the Beastie Boys to a children's charity event back then. It would be like inviting Kodak Black to one now.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Looks like the older people believed it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I thought the second Beady Eye album was pretty good. A lot better than his solo album. It sounded fresher because they collaborated with some of the guys from TV On The Radio.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

So 2 big musical acts have ruined their reputation forever.
OK. so I just listened to weezers cover album...

So I knew weezer did a cover album, all good, I knew it had a cover of no scrubs... OK not like they could make it worse..
Black Sabbath, Tears for Fears, Eurythmics, A-ha.... HMMM! this could be dangerous.
Michael Jackson... You're playing with fucking fire here Weezer, be fucking careful.
Electric Light Orchestra... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.....
but... Weezer... YOU. DO. NOT. FUCK. WITH. FUCKING. TOTO!!!! I gave you pass for ELO AND Michael Jackson for FUCKS SAKE. You could butcher Bad Religion and Roy Orbison and I would still give you a fucking pass. AND I FUCKING LOVE BAD RELIGION AND ROY ORBISON... BUT! YOU. DO. NOT. FUCK. WITH. FUCKING. TOTO!!!
I liked Pinkerton for fucks sake... NO ONE LIKES PINKERTON!!!

I will never listen to a Weezer song again for as long as I live because if I didn't mention it already: YOU. DO. NOT. FUCK. WITH. FUCKING. TOTO!
Weezer could make the best song of the next billion fucking years, and I won't hear it... FUCK YOU WEEZER.

And then I saw weird Al doing toto with them.
If I could bitchslap him for fucking with toto I would.. Weird Al is only getting a pass because I've been listening to him since before I could fucking walk.
and it's going to take like FIVE FUCKING poodle hat's for me to forgive THIS SHIT...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU RIGHT IN THE ASS WEEZER.. AND JUST A REGULAR FUCK YOU TO WEIRD AL ASWELL!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

. NO ONE LIKES PINKERTON!!!
It later became their 2nd most popular album. It was too ahead of its time in 1996, but when The Green Album came out and Weezer made a comeback people downloaded it from Napster or Audio Galaxy and regretted not liking it when it came out. I didn't buy it at the time because I was more into British music and hip hop at the time, so I didn't like El Scorcho the first time I heard it. When I finally heard Pinkerton (I even bought the CD!) I thought it was a masterpiece.

And ever since then a lot of fans have been mad at Weezer for not making another Pinkerton. The Pinkerton saga is a very interesting story. This article from Alternative Press magazine at the time is an interesting read. The Rentals were briefly bigger than Weezer so that caused friction between Rivers and Matt Sharp.

I think Maladroit is their real underrated album. It's not my favorite, but I think it's the only good album they've done since Pinkerton. They've had some good songs since then, but not a good full album IMO.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »