The Mass Shootings/Stabbings Thread

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: The Mass Shootings Thread

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

He shot at the ticketing window when they told him it was sold out. Someone needed to remind him it is not 1996 anymore so not seeing an Ice Cube concert isn't that important.

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Bandit wrote:He shot at the ticketing window when they told him it was sold out. Someone needed to remind him it is not 1996 anymore so not seeing an Ice Cube concert isn't that important.
That whole shooting could have been stopped if he realized he had to buy the ticket in advance?

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Places you don't expect to have mass shootings: New Zealand.

The shooter was live streaming it so there will be some nasty videos out there.

Edit
Shooter is from 8chan. The thread he started is still up, and he's posting in it.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

The tape then shows the barrel of a weapon as the camera follows it, as if a first-person role-playing game. The weapon fires repeatedly and on-camera deaths and woundings are shown.

The tape matches earlier reports that the gunman taped his attack.

According to reporters, Mr. Tarrant claimed responsibility in a 37-page manifesto, portions of which were posted on Twitter.

In the manifesto, Mr. Tarrant offers qualified support for U.S. President Donald Trump as “a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose,” but “as a policymaker and leader, dear god no.”

The manifesto criticizes declining white birthrates — “It’s the birthrates. It’s the birthrates. It’s the birthrates.” it begins.

“If there is one thing I want you to remember from these writings, its that the birthrates must change. Even if we were to deport all Non-Europeans from our lands tomorrow, the European people would still be spiraling into decay and eventual death.”

Mr. Tarrant decries “mass immigration” as “white genocide” and says why he commits the attack.

"To most of all show the invaders that our lands will never be their lands, our homelands are our own, and that, as long as a white man still lives, they will NEVER conquer our lands and they will never replace our people.”

He then goes on to catalog a list of atrocities committed against white Europeans that he is avenging.

Mr. Tarrant also has a U.S. goal in mind in committing the attack — fomenting a second American Civil War.

“Finally, to create conflict between the two ideologies within the United States on the ownership of firearms in order to further the social, cultural, political and racial divide within the United States. This conflict over the 2nd amendment and the attempted removal of firearms rights will ultimately result in a civil war that will eventually balkanize the US [that] will not only result in the the racial separation of people within the United States ensuring the future of the White race on the North American continent but also ensuring the death of the ‘melting pot’ pipe dream,” he writes.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's totally fucked up. 40 people dead.

Apparently the videos are brutal, as you would expect, so are best avoided.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Dude at my work saw one of the videos on FB, refreshed and it was gone.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Death Toll: 49

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Absolutely terrible atrocity, 49 people needlessly lost their lives. My condolences to all the families sadly affected by such a horrendous act.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's a shame the egg wasn't hard boiled.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Fuckstick senator says something stupid and gets bitchslapped in the media.

Fuckstick teenager DOES something stupid and gets physically bitchslapped by a politician.

Also, why are they so focused on removing the video and offensive material from the internet? Just making my life harder to watch for no reason.

Took me 3 minutes to find EVERYTHING... should have been a 3 second google result for the video.

All I will say is that the guy inside who charged at shooter... give that guy EVERY posthumous medal of bravery possible, if they haven’t already.

Seriously, why try to hide the videos??? If this is a terror attack like it’s reported, there was 24 hour coverage from every angle conceivable of a certain event in 2001 for Christ sake.. why 18 fucking years later is Important global news footage made HARDER to find.

Time to leave this world behind...

If it’s terrorism, why hide it? If it’s just a massacre, sure try hide it up.. Australians don’t do shooting massacres very often, but Jesus the damage when one of us flips is bad.. RIGHT, NO MORE GUNS!!
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

pixel
Fighting Mongooses

Post by pixel »

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

Also, give egg boy 30 days jail for holding and filming in portrait... he needs to be made an example of so people are aware of the serious ramifications of not shooting video in landscape.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It wouldn't be that easy to egg someone and get a decent video holding the phone in landscape mode as well.