General Music News

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

General Music News

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It's like the general movie news thread, only for music. :whoa:

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: General music news

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

We are about to get another posthumous Michael Jackson album it seems. Earlier today, a poster at a few locations in Germany were pasted at numerous locations, revealing that his new album Scream will be out September 29th.

Shortly after, the official Michael Jackson social media accounts made it public that indeed something named Scream by MJ is coming our way. However, it did not specifically reveal that it’s an “album”. It also does not mention a release date.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Hopefully it's not just like a dubstep remix of Scream.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

It probably is just a remix album.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's some breaking news from 1977.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Just a compilation album with one new megamix. http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... on-sept-29 There's some unreleased songs but MJ didn't have the prolific output Prince did where they will no doubt release tons of albums in the future. Much of Michaels work would be at Motown but again they recorded some songs til they were perfect. So there's probably a lot of takes of I Want You Back etc. There is a solo album by MJ produced by Stevie Wonder, again at Motown, that's rumoured to be in the Motown vault. The J5 song "Buttercup" which turned up on Rare Pearls is a Stevie production.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Metallicas Master of Puppets is getting a 15 disc remastered set. Some of the discs will be DVDs and vinyl
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... s-reissue/

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

15 discs?!?!
I already know that the master of puppets is pulling my strings and to obey my master, 15 discs seems excessive..

They should release a 15 disc set just apologising for everything on St. Anger aside from the title track (which was fucking awesome, I don't care what anyone says)
Or a 15 disc set saying you're welcome for the black album. :olol:

In other news, it's finally happened, I know a parody song and had no idea what the original song was... :oshocked:
I had to google to know the name of the original song.. So the moral of the story is: Rucka Rucka Ali's parody 'Go Cops' was memorable, but after 7 short years, 'Ke dollar sign ha's' song 'Tik Tok' was entirely forgotten.

In a way I'm kind of upset, I always hoped my first parody song to simply erase the original artist from memory would be Weird Al... :ocry:
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Here's some more breaking news from the 70s!

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

Iron Maiden announce The Book of Souls World Tour live album

Iron Maiden will release their new live album ‘The Book of Souls: Live Chapter’ later this autumn.

Comprising 15 songs recorded on the two-year The Book of Souls World Tour, the album features three songs performed in the UK: ‘The Great Unknown’ at Newcastle Metro Radio Arena this May and ‘The Book of Souls’ and ‘Blood Brothers’ at Download Festival in June 2016.

‘The Book of Souls: Live Chapter’ will be released on Friday 17th November worldwide via Warner Music on limited edition deluxe 2 CD hardcase Book, regular 2CD album and triple black vinyl LP formats.

Iron Maiden fans across the globe will also be able to watch a free live streaming premiere of the concert film. The band will be unveiling details of when this takes place soon. Following the streaming premiere, the concert film will later be available to purchase as a digital download.

Produced by Tony Newton and Iron Maiden’s very own Steve Harris, the album track-listing is based on the 2017 leg of The Book of Souls World Tour setlist and includes six tracks from their most recent record together with seminal classics from their back catalogue.

Steve comments: "We spent a huge amount of time working on this as I wanted to get it as close to the Maiden live experience as I possibly could and to represent our fans from different parts of the world.

“This meant listening to literally hours upon hours of tapes from every show, to select material and construct a sound that would run consistently across the whole album and capture the excitement of a new country like El Salvador alongside such regular favourites as Donington or Wacken.”

Iron Maiden manager Rod Smallwood adds: "The Book Of Souls World Tour was a huge undertaking, not least for Bruce who started the tour singing in public for the very first time since recovering from throat cancer. He also piloted Ed-Force One, upgraded last year from a Boeing 757 to a 747 so we could go further and faster to visit some fantastic cities and fans all round the world.

“This year continued that excitement bringing us our most successful North American and UK tours ever. It was a very special tour in a great many ways so we felt we wanted to document it for both ourselves and for our fans. Steve has done an incredible job putting together this set from cities around the world and we’ve made sure the deluxe CD will be available in a matching book format to ‘The Book of Souls’ release.

"On top of all that the release will be celebrated by an event that is a Maiden first: a free live streaming premiere of the concert film, as a thank you to our loyal fans around the world. We hope that the global Maiden community will all enjoy coming together to watch this special event online. Many of you will be in it as there is footage from a whole host of the places we played on this momentous tour.”

The full track-listing for ‘The Book of Souls: Live Chapter’ is as follows:

‘If Eternity Should Fail’ – Sydney, Australia
‘Speed of Light’ - Cape Town, South Africa
‘Wrathchild’ – Dublin, Ireland
‘Children of the Damned’ – Montreal, Canada
‘Death or Glory’ – Wroclaw, Poland
‘The Red and the Black’ – Tokyo, Japan
‘The Trooper’ - San Salvador, El Salvador
‘Powerslave’ – Trieste, Italy
‘The Great Unknown’ – Newcastle, UK
‘The Book of Souls’ – Donington, UK
‘Fear of the Dark’ – Fortaleza, Brazil
‘Iron Maiden’ - Buenos Aires, Argentina
‘Number of the Beast’ – Wacken, Germany
‘Blood Brothers’ – Donington, UK
‘Wasted Years’ - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
source

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

First official Roy Orbison book will be released in mid October titled "The Authorized Roy Orbison: The Authorized Biography". This will (to my knowledge) be only the third book on The Big O.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I'd only get it if it had "Authorized" in the title three times. No buys!

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep but It's Roy Orbison~! so it's ***** 5 stars~! A Justin Bieber book is NO BUYS~!

They should have called it "The Big O: Roy Orbison, The Authorized Biography" instead though.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Neil Young has released every song he's recorded free to stream on his website

http://www.neilyoungarchives.com/

If you have fast broadband it streams in the highest possible quality (I'm assuming FLAC) or there's a 320kbps MP3 option too