Re: Dynamite Kid Dead At 60

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

RIP Dynamite Kid.

A legend and a bit of a prick.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dynamite was a pioneer for the Light heavyweights and a huge influence on Benoit and others. Tom Billington the man is sadly another story. I've read/heard he did some things that are reprehensible and just because he's passed they shouldn't be brushed under the carpet. But he actually broke his body down physically wrestling but in the process he paved the way for many of today's smaller wrestlers so for that he should be honoured. But rose tinted tributes considering how he treated his wife etc & was a bully do seem hypocritical to me. That being said it's not nice to hear he's passed although he had been in poor health for a long time, so RIP Dynamite.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I wonder what WWE will do on Raw.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 am I wonder what WWE will do on Raw.
Well they've put a statement out on Twitter and I'm assuming WWE.com so they've acknowledged his passing. Probably do a short tribute vid on Raw and put a playlist of his matches on the Network. I doubt they'll do too much since TMZ etc will dig into Dynamites past and WWE wouldn't want the negative publicity if they do that. Plus they are in a weird position since their talent essentially are actors/actresses portraying a character. When someone has a questionable history/personal life I don't really think it's right they pay tribute or put out a statement/tribute. But in Dynamites case he was a pioneer and set a new path and he's inspired a ton of wrestlers. So that aspect of his life should be acknowledged. But like I said Tom Billington the person wasn't a good person truth be told.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

It's like with Benoit, Ty Cobb, Phil Spector or OJ Simpson: he's a terrible person who was one of the best ever at what he did. I don't think someone should have to pretend like they don't enjoy their old work because they'd be lying to themselves. I still enjoy Benoit matches. And when I first got New Japan World the first thing I did was watch all of the Dynamite vs Tiger Mask matches in order and they were great. So I think you can acknowledge someone being gifted without praising them as a person. The problem with the WWE Jimmy Snuka tribute was they did praise him as a person.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Definitely watch those if you haven't. It's some of the best wrestling ever done.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I hope he's finally found peace from the demons that haunted him his entire life. Possibly the most influential wrestler on the current product ever (at least one of the top five).

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »