WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Please save your Nazi salutes for Lars Sullivan.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They have hours on the WWE Network all about how bad WCW booking was. But then they go ahead and copy one of their worst angles (the Hummer driver mystery.)

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Sounds like they've brought Russo back in as well as Paul E and Bisch.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Dave mentioned that WWE are interested in purchasing FiteTV, they've said that won't be the case but the terminology they used which references merger and acquisition is interesting. FiteTV had Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen for international fans so if WWE does buy it that'll mean AEW will have to find a new home to air their events to overseas fans.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I hope they don't because that could mean they put restrictions on Game Changer Wrestling shows doing crazy stuff.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

It's Vince being petty af again. NXT are supposedly going live for 2 hours on FS1 too. So he's doing everything possible to put the breaks on AEW. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs the guys and girls who aren't under exclusive contract just to mess with them. But their attitude towards AEW proves to me they see them as more as a "pissant company".

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

PRESS RELEASE

Tickets for SmackDown's 20th Anniversary in Los Angeles available starting this Friday

SmackDown's 20th anniversary celebration is drawing near, and the WWE Universe found out how they can be a part of it on Monday morning. The 20th anniversary episode will mark the premiere of SmackDown LIVE on FOX at 8 p.m. ET and take place at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Friday, Oct. 4. Tickets will be available starting this Friday, Aug. 16, at 10 a.m. PT via the STAPLES Center box office, AXS.com or by calling 1-888-929-7849.

WWE Superstars past and present will be on hand at STAPLES Center to celebrate the occasion, including WWE Hall of Famers Kurt Angle, Lita, Mick Foley, Booker T, Hulk Hogan, Trish Stratus, Goldberg, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Mark Henry, Ric Flair and Sting.

"SmackDown has been delivering action-packed, family-friendly programming for two decades, and we look forward to entertaining generations to come as we begin this next chapter on FOX," said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO.

"Since we announced our five-year agreement last June, we have been eagerly counting down the days to the launch of SmackDown LIVE on FOX Sports," said Eric Shanks, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Producer of FOX Sports. "We couldn't be more excited and are pulling out all of the stops to commemorate SmackDown's 20th anniversary celebration."

Beginning with the 20th anniversary celebration on Friday, Oct. 4, SmackDown will air on FOX 52 weeks a year and captivate fans with a unique combination of edge-of-your-seat action, unpredictable drama and world-class athleticism.

On the air since 1999, SmackDown LIVE is the second-longest running weekly episodic cable television show in U.S. primetime history, only behind Monday Night Raw, and is currently among the most-watched regularly scheduled programs on primetime cable. SmackDown LIVE has aired more original episodes than some of the most popular television series of all time, including The Simpsons, Gunsmoke, Lassie and Monday Night Football.

In its 20-year history, SmackDown LIVE has also helped launch the careers of pop-culture icons, including Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, John Cena, Triple H, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Bella Twins.
I love the way they still force HHH into their icons category. Really, they think HHH is more of a "pop culture icon" than Undertaker or Foley.

And nothing against HHH, I liked most of his matches and he's doing good things with NXT. But if you asked random people on the street who he was, he's not going to get more recognition than Undertaker or Mick.

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

I liked that Summerslam main event other than a little repetition with the spots.
Natalya's still got it. Give her a run with the belt.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

I didn't even watch it. I could watch Purple Shane attempt to wrestle or I could watch three days of G1 being the best tournament ever.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Raw did 2.729 million viewers, up about 300,000 from last week.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Hawq
Site Admin

Post by Hawq »

down then ok'd, weird. It did make an interesting entrance thought in a ppv that actually had several bits I enjoyed (as opposed to the usual maybe 1 or 2)

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »