WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Wrestling! MMA! Boxing!
Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Re: WWE Thread (Spoilers)

Post by Bandit »

Shane was embarrassing. Please retire.

So far only the men's tag titles match has been good, but Kofi & Bryan is next and should be **** unless they get under 10 minutes.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

That was good, and good for Kofi. I was at one of the first house shows he was on back when he was still doing the Jamaican gimmick, wrestling Elijah Burke in a match the crowd didn't care at all about. And that day over a decade ago I never thought he'd be winning a world title at Wrestlemania.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Kevin Nash ready to give your asshole the Finger Poke of Doom.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Ronda broke her hand pretty bad apparently.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

I probably say it every year but fuck me that was a long show.

Pretty good show overall, as usual. I didn't mind the main event even though it was fairly sloppy. Kofi winning was great. Corbin winning is a fucking joke.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Lesnar's deal expired today and he's doing the "No, really, I want to go to UFC" thing again. Which means he will return for the next Saudi show.

chrislatimer16
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by chrislatimer16 »

Raw for a post mania show was dissappointing

sami zayns promo was great though

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Yep, Sami's promo was good. A variation on Daniel Bryan's schtick.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

Raw last night for the day-after-WrestleMania episode averaged 2.92 million viewers, by far the lowest for the show in history for the day after Mania.

It was the biggest number Raw has done since August 20, and seems to indicate it will be difficult to hit three million viewers this year, although next week's Superstar Shakeup episode should challenge this show as the highest rated for the year.

Raw was hurt going against the NCAA basketball final that did 19.63 million viewers on CBS.

Last year's Raw after Mania did 3.90 million viewers but didn't have the basketball competition, so it's a year-to-year drop of 25.1 percent.

The audiences for the Raw after WrestleMania in previous years:

2017 -- 3.76 million
2016 -- 4.08 million
2015 -- 5.14 million
2014 -- 4.61 million
The audience was up 12 percent from last week's show. Last year, the Raw after Mania beat the Raw before Mania by 17 percent, but last year the NCAA finals went against the Raw before Mania.

Notable also was a 17 percent first-to-third hour drop, which is fairly high even with the constant pushing of a Kofi Kingston vs. Seth Rollins title vs. title match. That sends a major message that while the belts are very important to the hardcore fans, their meaning to the average fan and public at large is not strong.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.18 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.94 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.65 million viewers

Ocelot
Wrestling Mod

Post by Ocelot »

Jesus tapdancing fucking christ that Wrestlemania was one damn good match, one main event that deserved to be less rushed and with a better crowd that wasn't so goddamn tired of watching wrestling, and about 119 hours of absolute shit. I can't wait until next year when Wrestlemania starts at noon and ends at three in the morning and the best two matches start at two and the crowd is legit all asleep.

Also if you don't think that wrestlers deserve some kind of organization and better treatment you should go fuck yourself. Fuck the WWE for putting their talent through that daily grind. Sit down a second and really think about a typical day for these cats. Think of the money they have to spend just to travel and train and eat and sleep just so they can entertain people for 20 minutes. Fucking Christ that is inhuman.

Also hi all. I'll try to be more active.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Evans is/was Archibald Peck.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

A study showed it would cost $28.5 million a year to make WWE wrestlers employees instead of independent contractors. WWE will make $500 million in profit next year and will make $300 million in profit this year. So that's absolutely affordable.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yea, definitely, considering the amount of money they are making now. Thing is, I can't see that happening, because it would give the talent more rights and wouldn't they be able to unionise (you'd think they could be SAG members since they are essentially actors/actresses) and I don't think Vince would want the talent to be in control. But if he's smart with AEW on the horizon you want to keep the talent as happy as possible as they could easily walk away now. When WWE was the only real place to go then they didn't have much opportunity to get a decent offer elsewhere but AEW have levelled the playing field now and it gives the guys & girls another place to go.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

More on Road Dogg: WON confirmed he quit because he was tired of putting long hours in writing Smackdown only to have Vince change things the day of the show.

And the issue said Sasha got angry and almost quit when she founded out she and Bayley were dropping the tag belts to the IIconics. She has been given 2 weeks off to think her future over.

Also in sad news Howard Finkle was backstage at Wrestlemania and is in rough shape in a wheelchair after a major stroke paralyzed one side of his body.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Also in sad news Howard Finkle was backstage at Wrestlemania and is in rough shape in a wheelchair after a major stroke paralyzed one side of his body.
Yea I saw a pic of Fink, sad to see. He looked happy though which is one good thing. Still my all time favourite ring announcer. He seemed a real nice guy on Legends House too.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

If a male wrestler caused a scene at a hotel or in the locker room because they had to lose a fake fight they'd either be fired or be made to look like a total joke on TV.