Writer-director James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 over offensive tweets

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Admin

Re: Writer-director James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 over offensive tweets

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Post stupid shit and it will come back to bite you eventually.

Sometimes it's fast: Roseanne

Sometimes it takes a decade: James Gunn

Seems like Mike Cernovich is a bit of a cunt though.

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Writer-director James Gunn fired from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 over offensive tweets

Post by melancholy »

Dude, what the fuck? On what planet did he think it would be a good idea to make half of those statements? I’ve seen people get in trouble for offensive tweets, but this goes way beyond that.

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:
I wouldn’t classify borderline admitting to screwing young boys on Twitter as ‘making mistakes.’

OrangeRibbon
WHOA-OH BLACK BETTY

Post by OrangeRibbon »

Damn I was wondering how bad they were. How did he get the job in the first place? I wonder if his brother will still play the physical part of Rocket.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

People want to be Anthony Jeselnik until they remember there's a reason they don't let him stray too far into the mainstream and he'd certainly never be hired by Disney for anything.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Seems like Mike Cernovich is a bit of a cunt though.
Sadly this is a thing now, anyone that you don't like, you can just trawl through their Twitter history and send it to their employer. That Cernovic guy has been doing this since the tail end of the GamerGate thing.

Knowing that people do this, you'd think that James Gunn would have the sense to scrub his Twitter history after he landed a job with Disney. They had no choice but to fire him.
I can't get no...

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Matisfaction wrote:
Dr. Zoidberg wrote:Seems like Mike Cernovich is a bit of a cunt though.
Sadly this is a thing now, anyone that you don't like, you can just trawl through their Twitter history and send it to their employer. That Cernovic guy has been doing this since the tail end of the GamerGate thing.

Knowing that people do this, you'd think that James Gunn would have the sense to scrub his Twitter history after he landed a job with Disney. They had no choice but to fire him.
These tweets came out originally before he did GotG 1 and it wasn't a problem then, so why is a problem now?

Disney are pussies.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Obvs Disney didn't know about them, until now... and being a company that markets it's stuff to kids, it's not a great look.
I can't get no...

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

Matisfaction wrote:Obvs Disney didn't know about them, until now... and being a company that markets it's stuff to kids, it's not a great look.
This came out as an issue in 2012, so for them to not know means they did no research on him.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... unn-395796

That article is dated 6:21 PM PST 11/29/2012

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

Things have changed a LOT since 2012, apologizing for something doesn't seem to be enough these days.
I can't get no...

melancholy
Global Mod

Post by melancholy »

If Disney knew in 2012, they should have fired him in 2012. Bad tweets are one thing, but those ones crossed a line as far as I’m concerned.

Matisfaction
Global Mod

Post by Matisfaction »

I agree, they had no choice but to fire him, even if he apologized back then something like this is always going to come back and bite you in the ass, especially how things are today.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/guardi ... efinitely/

They're probs going to put Guardians 3 on ice, hope this thing blows over and then re-hire him.
I can't get no...