General music discussion (news, reviews etc)

News, politics, TV, movies, music, sports, personal topics etc. goes here.
Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

General music discussion (news, reviews etc)

Post by Big Boss Man »

Universal have won a auction over the unreleased music and NPG releases by Prince. It's reported they are planning future releases. Whether any unreleased music will see the light of day is questionable. However some complete unreleased albums are in the Vault. I'd rather Warners had got it and had Rhino (their reissue label not the wrestler ;) handle the back catalog and everything would be on WB.

ian
Null Dream Team

Re: General music discussion (news, reviews etc)

Post by ian »

Why does Rhino sound so familiar to me???

In other news... Daft Punk have a pop up store, and I'm in the wrong country.
It's the biggest conflict of interest in the world though.. Would I shop there knowing Skrillex would be there?
I fucking LOVE Daft Punk, but if I had to hear skrillex noise.. that might be too much.. only thing worse would be deadmau5.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Bandit
Wrestling Mod

Post by Bandit »

They buy old stuff and release a bunch of box sets. They also released a bunch of DVDs of old shows. The main one I can think of offhand was the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 sets because I bought those. They also did South Park VHS tapes in the 90s before Comedy Central made their own home video company.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I've worked out where I know Rhino from.. They released the traveling Wiburys box sets in 2007.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Post by Big Boss Man »

Yep I have the Wilburys CD box set. Speaking of them there is a 25 year anniversary release of Black and White Night by The Big O. It has some new unreleased rehearsals footage on the DVD and CD/digital release. As I have the original on VHS, DVD and CD I'll probably wait a while til I get it. In more Wilbury news, Jeff Lynne is being inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame and Bob has a 3 disc new album out soon.