Yo Melancholy, how much them license plates?

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Yo Melancholy, how much them license plates?

Post by Calavera »

I've heard the registration fees have went way up from what they were. I'm surprised to see people paying $60+ for plates that used to cost $30! I finally got my insurance and everything in order and went to register my motor vehicle, a 1992 Lumina Euro. The plates were $28 for one year and an additional $12 if I choose a two year plate, which I did. Why so damn cheap you ask? Because a 1992 is considered a collector vehicle! :rofl: I even got the historic license plates for it!

I'm happy to get the discounted fees, but it just seems funny to me that a 1992 is considered a historic collector car! :dontknow"

melancholy
Global Mod

Re: Yo Melancholy, how much them license plates?

Post by melancholy »

I paid like ~$80 for my truck and ~$65 for my car last year. Also, you’d think it would be at least 30 years for a vintage plate or something. My truck is a 99, and I see people drive much older trucks around.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Re: Yo Melancholy, how much them license plates?

Post by Calavera »

melancholy wrote:I paid like ~$80 for my truck and ~$65 for my car last year. Also, you’d think it would be at least 30 years for a vintage plate or something. My truck is a 99, and I see people drive much older trucks around.
That isn't too bad, most people I hear from are paying $100s. I think most people don't know about the historic plates. 25 isn't that old to me. Now in 2000 driving a 1975 seemed historic, but in 2018 a 1992 doesn't seem historic, guess we are just getting old. Indiana also lets you use year of manufacture plates for an extra $100. I didn't want to spend the extra $100 but if I did I could have used this for my plate

Just for a bonus here is an original commercial for that antique car.