To all our British members.....

I am not a robot

Moderators: szchinagoshop, Johnny 5

Forum rules
Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

To all our British members.....

Post by Calavera »

Did you ever watch Trigger Happy TV? My god that show is hilarious! They used to show it over here on Comedy Central probably around 2001 and we all loved it! We would laugh so much at the big cellphone guy and then ask ourselves, what is so funny about that? It's just a guy with a big cellphone yelling hello. Of all the "street pranks" shows of that era such as Tom Green I have to say Trigger Happy was the best.

Was it as well loved over the pond?

Big Boss Man
Wrestling Mod

Re: To all our British members.....

Post by Big Boss Man »

I don't think I ever watched it!. Dom Joly did a watered down type show for ITV where he played pranks on members of the public. Can't remember the public reaction to THTV probably had a cult following.

Skynet
Site Admin

Post by Skynet »

It aired a lot here but I don't remember liking it much. I watched it but it was nothing special to me.

ian
Null Dream Team

Post by ian »

I remember watching it too. Was aired a lot as Skynet said, and much like him I didn't find it great, but it was better than the balls of steel shit a few years later.
One exception was the cell phone guy in the cinema.. screaming "HELLO, I'M IN THE CINEMA" has become a running joke between me and my older brother for years.

But I have to disagree with you Cal, of all the street prank shows, The Tom Green show was hands down the best..
OXSEMEN MAKES ME PRETTY! IT'S TIME TO CLEAN THE CITY! and the classic Burning Feet Man! not to mention Cow brain boat, and the hockey guy.

Tom Green has always been amazing for making shit so bad it's good again, and is a personal favorite. Like any of Freddy got Fingered, The asshole/ casserole scene in Stealing Harvard or the whole of his scenes in Bob the Butler or Swearnet. (We're handing out keychains!!)

Tom Green is just hilarious in any scene, it's a shame he started doing interviews, because they're not really funny.
If I should Die Hard Arcade before I Alan Wake.
PREY the Lords of Lore my Soul Calibur to Take
-Two Interactive.

Calavera
Fighting Mongooses

Post by Calavera »

ian wrote:I remember watching it too. Was aired a lot as Skynet said, and much like him I didn't find it great, but it was better than the balls of steel shit a few years later.
One exception was the cell phone guy in the cinema.. screaming "HELLO, I'M IN THE CINEMA" has become a running joke between me and my older brother for years.

But I have to disagree with you Cal, of all the street prank shows, The Tom Green show was hands down the best..
OXSEMEN MAKES ME PRETTY! IT'S TIME TO CLEAN THE CITY! and the classic Burning Feet Man! not to mention Cow brain boat, and the hockey guy.

Tom Green has always been amazing for making shit so bad it's good again, and is a personal favorite. Like any of Freddy got Fingered, The asshole/ casserole scene in Stealing Harvard or the whole of his scenes in Bob the Butler or Swearnet. (We're handing out keychains!!)

Tom Green is just hilarious in any scene, it's a shame he started doing interviews, because they're not really funny.
I did enjoy Trigger Happy quite a bit, but you are right Ian Tom Green was the best. Two of my favorites that come to mind are

I also quite enjoyed "The Bum Bum Song" it is one of the earliest songs I remember downloading. I remember downloading the music video for RealPlayer.